Code of Conduct

Default Brit fashion stylist Isabella Blow dies

I think, IMHO, that this woman was very much an important part of the fashion biz, she always had an interesting point of view and i think was very much avant garde, so i thouhgt it was appropiate to post this news info here.

R.I.P. Miss Blow.

news link:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070508/...jwgQWa6gNxFb8C

Default Re: Brit fashion stylist Isabella Blow dies

She was only 48, and the NT Times obit suggested she had had numerous personal and psychological difficulties in recent years. The fashion industry may be "glamourous" in appearance, but I think it wears hard on may who unadvisedly engaged in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Frances View Post
    She was only 48, and the NT Times obit suggested she had had numerous personal and psychological difficulties in recent years. The fashion industry may be "glamourous" in appearance, but I think it wears hard on may who unadvisedly engaged in it.
    Well, ovarian cancer will wreak havoc with a woman's hormones, which can lead to what you mention. Not to say that you are necessarily incorrect, but her cancer could have had a much broader effect.

Absolutely - female hormones play a HUGE part in any woman's moods and wellbeing as any woman who's ever had PMT, been pregnant or through the menopause will tell you.

There is no doubt Isabella Blow was a colourful character - a true English eccentric - and she has been responsible for helping the careers of some of our best designers, as well as discovering Sophie Dahl. She'll definitely be missed.