Code of Conduct

Default Has somebody sampled the Blue limited edition of Boucheron pour Homme?

The "fraicheur" edition of Jaipur was indeed a fresher,much more wearable version of the original,but how does this above compare to the original Pour Homme?A slightly less formal take on the original should be fine...
    Hint: Should I bid?

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125815.html

Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Default Re: Has somebody sampled the Blue limited edition of Boucheron pour Homme?

After much searching it appears I have it! Its very nice, along the lines of the original but much fresher. Could pass as a different scent to be honest. Do you have a link to the one you want to bid on so I can confirm its the same one?

Default Re: Has somebody sampled the Blue limited edition of Boucheron pour Homme?

I did at the time of its original release and agree with Col's comments, although the blue edition seems to still be defined by the same tart note (whatever it is, I am a novice in describing these things) as the original Boucheron. In that regard, I had passed up on purchasing the Blue, feeling that the added freshness didn't change the fragrance enough to such an extent that I would wear it any differently than the original Boucheron. This is a marked difference when compared to Jaipur and Jaipur Fresh, which I split wearings based on temperature and season...Jaipur Fresh perfectly solved the original Jaipur's heavier tendencies. All in all, though, Boucheron Blue did confirm the Boucheron house's quality to me - it is no doubt well made.

Well,things are complicated now .
    I contacted the seller and she told me that this is Eau de Toilette Fraicheur,an item not listed in the directory.I cannot read the small print on the box.Anyway this is the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOUCHERON-EAU-...QQcmdZViewItem
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Thats not the one I have, me thinks thats the latest summer edtion.

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante
    Well,things are complicated now .
    I contacted the seller and she told me that this is Eau de Toilette Fraicheur,an item not listed in the directory.I cannot read the small print on the box.Anyway this is the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOUCHERON-EAU-...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by CoL
    Thats not the one I have, me thinks thats the latest summer edtion.
    That's the one I was thinking it was and that I was commenting on it. In the end, there have been two summer editions of both Jaipur and Boucheron. I have the first (2005) Jaipur fresh and didn't go with either of the Boucheron summer versions. The 2005 Boucheron was a greenish bottle (or juice, I can't remember), while the 2006 was the blue one.

I picked this up today. I'm not a big fan of the original Boucheron, but this one is quite nice and is hard to describe. It's the 2007 summer version, and is different from the one they put out last year (I can't remember the notes specifically, other than this has black violet in it).

I tried this yesterday and was surprised to find that it smelled very similar to L'eau d'Issey Miyake bleue. I has that same weird tea and bubblegum thing going on. I haven't smelled the Issey Blue in a long time, but when I picked up the Boucheron, I knew it was almost exactly the same as something I had owned. It took about five seconds to figure it out.

Overall, I don't think this one is very good! It is very unique and smells interesting, but is almost too bizarre to wear. It makes me cock my head to the side in bewilderment, like a confused dog that you made a weird face at.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah