Code of Conduct
    RTbar

Default the ultimate basenotes tobacco thread

What is your favorite tobacco scent? I'd say mine is Le Dandy or Dreamer

Default Re: the ultimate basenotes tobacco thread

Vintage Tabaróme and Habanera.
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

KNIZE TEN
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

fLEUR DE TABAC - miller harris

Florascent Habanna
    Fumerie Turque
    Tabarome
    Miracle

Vintage Tabarome

I'd break this down into three categories:

Tobacco scent (ala Tabarome): Miller Harris FdT, i Profumi di Firence Tabacco, Czech & Speake Cuba

Tobacco based (ala Dreamer): Le Dandy

Pipe Tobacco (which I wish there were more of): Very Valentino
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Tough to say! For a straight tobacco scent, Vintage Tabarome is the standard for me.

Some other ones I like:
    Burburry - London (pears + honey + tobacco. Yum-o!)
    Knize Ten (tends to remain spicy)
    Quorum
    D&H PH

Guerlain Vetiver has an interesting cigarette tobacco note.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

I'll add the following to all the ones already listed:

DK Unleaded: A great tobacco/leather scent but unfortunately very fleeting on my skin!
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme: Tobacco with some fruit and wood notes....nice on me but too omnipresent 'round these parts!
    Realities: My nose picks up tobacco...but I'm sure it's gotta be nutmeg and other spices!
    Quorum: The tobacco seems a little stifled but the spices and herbal notes. A very "in-your-face" frag!

I smoke a pipe and I must say that Michael by Michael Kors smells very much like a pouch of aromatic pipe tobacco. The the scent lasts all day. A very good choice for the money if you enjoy a strong tobacco note.

The discontinued HAVANA by Aramis
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'm not sure if anyone else gets it, but to me Tea for Two smells of a nice rich pipe tobacco.

I'm not sure if anyone else gets it, but to me Tea for Two smells of a nice rich pipe tobacco.
    Yes, this is _exactly_ how it smells to me.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Also, SL Arabie smells a bit pipe-ish on the drydown.
    The Bark Bites Back here --> https://thebarkbitesback.wordpress.com

Tabac Blond (rich), Knize Ten (spicy) and Eau du Fier (smoky)!

hmmm...Knize Ten is more leather than tobacco to me.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by Erfl
    What is your favorite tobacco scent? *I'd say mine is Le Dandy...
    Interesting. I mainly catch the booze (armagnac) in Le Dandy. I, too, consider this a great scent, however. I would have to agree that Vintage Tabarome represents the ultimate tobacco scent among those I've experienced. D&G PH is also pretty good. I also appreciate some tobacco in A*men, not knowing whether or not there is actually any.

Jeff

Aqua di Cuba- Santa Maria Novella SPECTACULAR [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

one i recommend is Hové Habanera, a tiny boutique place in New Orleans.

RTbar

Quote Originally Posted by duxoop772
    I'll add the following to all the ones already listed:

DK Unleaded: *A great tobacco/leather scent but unfortunately very fleeting on my skin!
    Would you condisder leaded a tobacco scent as well?

Tough question.... Both Tabaromes....Dreamer...D&G....Miracle Pour Homme....Probably my Fave would have to be Drum Roll...... Romance Silver. I LOVE the Tobacco note in this scent. Actually they list it as Tobacco Flower. This Rocks.
    Bueberry is nice also.
    Great Topic!!!!!!
    Gary

I should have put Drum roll in ( )'s. My fave is Drum Roll....(I've never heard of that scent). Sorry....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by RTbar
    [quote author=duxoop772 link=1123572151/0#8 date=1123595701]I'll add the following to all the ones already listed:

DK Unleaded: *A great tobacco/leather scent but unfortunately very fleeting on my skin!
    Would you condisder leaded a tobacco scent as well?[/quote]

You mean the original DK Men Fuel, correct? Well, I just got some (a wee 'lil travel spray, but it's enough for now!) and I would say that (on MY skin), Fuel is more amber and almond, eventually giving way to the sandalwood and musk. The citrus and pineapple topnotes subside quickly and the amber and almond is VERY evident on me!! Those mid-notes last on me like mad and the almond reminds me of Dior's Hypnotic Poison, but Fuel ain't HALF as sweet as HP! Unleaded, on the other hand, is tobacco with suede/leather and some ctrus/herbal action up top. The two scents seem to have a similarity...I can't pin it down, though. IMO, Ms. Karan should work to re-introduce both Fuel and Unleaded, keep Be Delicious as a "sweet-fresh" scent and pitch the skinny-bottled DKNY and Energy. Her image would be well-served if the line had some scents in it that had some real stones as opposed to hopping on the "oceanic-ozpne" bandwagon that, quite frankly, is getting kinda long in the tooth! 90% of scent sales seem to be based on marketing ("...this is a hot seller, so the SA said. I'll take one!!&quot, so with the right push, she can't lose!! Just look at how many BaseNoters LOVE those two (Fuel and Unleaded) and look at how much these scents bring money-wise on E-Bay!!!

Ahh...but what do I know, anyways? I'm just some little flea-speck on their sales chart who happens to be a fan of fragrance! We should just get a petition going!! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Sorry 'bout the rant. Next cryer to the soap-box, please!! [smiley=smiley.gif] [smiley=smiley.gif] [smiley=smiley.gif]

Hi all,

My two VERY TOP FRAGRANCES period are CREED TABAROME and...(IMHO) THE best, MY favorite Tobacco fragrance : SANTA MARIA NOVELLA "ACQUA DI CUBA!".

Regards,
    SixCats!

Ah I'm so grateful for this thread. I love the smell of tobacco as a base, (it's comforting in the same way as knowing you have a pack handy somewhere, even if you no longer smoke them) and the only fragrance i own that features it is Dolce and Gabbana PH. I'll have to check some of these out.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    The discontinued HAVANA by Aramis
    Once again, I'm with knightowl! Havana, baby!
    I also sometimes get a tobacco feel off fragrances that I'm not sure have any tobacco in it. Zino and Macassar both have this earthy, "tobaccoy" kind of vibe going on to me.

Vintage Tabarome. It reminds me of (early 1960s) the scent of freshly shaved, barber trimmed men splashed with barbers' fragrances, shooting pool in the smoky pool room I frequented after school (Jr. High). I know of no other fragrance that's similar to it. Even the "new" tabarome is dissimilar to it.

I occasionally layer Vintage Tabarome over Havanna (Reserva or the original): two spritzes of Havanna to one spritz of Vintage Tabarome.

Hi all,

I must say...today, I tried DOLCE & GABANNA ph for the first time in over two years! Man...D&G is TRULY a nice Tobacco fragrance! I USE to own a bottle but...at the time, I felt that it was too similar to BOUCHERON so...I SWAPPED my D&G! Darn it...I guess I was just NOT ready for the likes of Tobacco at that time. Shoot! Now I have to buy D&G to keep my TABAROME and ACQUA DI CUBA company!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats
    Hi all,

I must say...today, I tried DOLCE & GABANNA ph for the first time in over two years! Man...D&G is TRULY a nice Tobacco fragrance! I USE to own a bottle but...at the time, I felt that it was too similar to BOUCHERON so...I SWAPPED my D&G!
    I was the fortunate recipient, along with The Dreamer, Santalia and Cigar.

If you ever want a decant of it to tide you over, let me know and I'll send ya one.

Basenotes Institution

My scent of the day today - Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

Others:

Velvet Rope by Apothia
    JHL by Aramis

Two that come to mind are;Vinatage Tabarome & D & G Pour Homme.

Fresh Tobacco Caramel-great

Funny no one has said Havana

Cool Re: the ultimate basenotes tobacco thread

jlros, they did mention it but I'm glad you brought it up again; it is truly a magnificent combination.

There are linear tobaccos like the El Cheapo Cuba Paris line, of which Cuba Red is the best of the worst.
    As well as more popular offerings, such as Romance Silver in which the tobacco overwhelms the composition.

------------------------------------

Then there's Havana by Aramis and Cuba by Czech and Speke.

Now these are truly outstanding, yet with Bay Rum and other spices in them one might not get the ' tobacco high.'
    It's there, but it shares the top billing with other actors.

So what the hell am I getting at? That the linear ones are too abrasive and that the aforementioned masterpieces are too shy of 'pure' tobacco?

Um . . .Well yeah, something like that. Too much, too little.

Look gentlemen, Guerlian Vetiver has strong tobacco as well----perhaps as much as C&Z. Cuba or Aramis Havana, but no one thinks of it as a 'tobacco frag'

Of course had Guerlian named it ' Monte Cubano' instead, we might have
    ------------------------------

So my vote for the best tobacco goes to Creed's Vintage Tabarome

If you haven't already, give it a whiff. Tobacco takes the center stage while the other notes strenngthen it masterfully.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 12th May 2007 at 08:09 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Fumerie Turque and D&G PH. VinTab is just too hard to wear and be taken seriously for my personality--too serious of a scent.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!