Code of Conduct

Default Journey For The Holy Grail...Tell About Yours???

Hi Everyone!

Like many us I've been fascinated by fragrances since I was a boy. The way scents penetrates my imagination, accompanying my memories and exciting me to dream anew. In the exciting, some times obsessive, journey of finding a fragrance. I've realized their essence in helping me contemplate a truth, sometimes reveling hidden desires, danger, fears, and aspirations. A fragrant trail of my own personal evolution.

References to perfume have been writen in holy text of various religions, sweet captivating incense hunts various temples of worship. The scent of Monasteries reflecting the smell of old wood and cold stones mingled with sweet incense carrying the echoes of humanity's cry to the Holy for thanks, sorrow, hope and sometimes desperation.

Now I understand the references of fragrances in various holy text and in their usage such, as incense. They in themselves do not provide an once to the human growth.. only our love for God and each other can. However, they do allow us to reflect on our journey and sometimes un-expectantly force us to listen and hear the conversation that our hearts have with the Holy. They have the ability to connect us with the God given human faculty of smell in order to help us converse with the Divine.

In your quest for the Holy Grail of Scent what do You hear???
    Last edited by ManlyScent; 8th May 2007 at 09:33 PM.

Default Re: Journey For The Holy Grail...Tell About Yours???

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyScent View Post
    In your quest for the Holy Grail of Scent what do You hear???
    'Man, You Shall Not Spend So Much Money In Your Favourite Perfume Shop!'

So be it.

Smile Re: Journey For The Holy Grail...Tell About Yours???

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    'Man, You Shall Not Spend So Much Money In Your Favourite Perfume Shop!'

So be it.
    hahah...I've heard that too!!!

Actually my intentions to start were actually to report on my success in obtaining my Holy Grail. I won in an action, in France, a pristine 1930 sealed 2 oz bottle of Jicky extrait in a numbered and singed Baccarat Crystal bottle. (the one you see on my Avatar).
    When I laid a hold of it..I felt a tingly sensation..as it represented years of lusting and obsession, constant search, research and a big chunk of pocket change.

But now that I've obtained it ..what now?? So then I was faced with the hardest question……"have I really found the Holy Grail"

I'm not sure if I found it…..but I did find that my passionate journey, was not about mere fragrances .. but about the fragrant truths of the Divine that I have contemplated in my passion for perfumes.
    Last edited by ManlyScent; 8th May 2007 at 10:13 PM.