Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default What should I add to my collection?

Well I have reason to celebrate and am looking for something to add to my collection. Before giving me a suggestion I ask you to look at my wardrobe to get a taste for what I like. Lately I've been into discontinued scents from the 80's and 90's.

I want to get one light scent to wear to the hospital, thinking of Creed Original Vetiver, Parfums Nicolai Vetiver, or maybe Amouage Arcus.
    I also want one more formal scent. I'm thinking of Amouage Dia, the original Drakkar (not Noir), or maybe SMN Nostalgia. I've never smelled any of these though.

Please give me ideas for each category based on what I currently own, and what I've owned in the past. It doesn't have to be one of the ones I mentioned above. Also price is no object.
    Thanks!
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What should I add to my collection?

You cannot go wrong with Creed OV. A wonderful scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: What should I add to my collection?

I feel like a traffic cop giving Sherlock Holmes advice.

You've owned OV, so you know what it's like; soapy, old money, and very wearable.

I don't trust Amouage after my experience with Amouage Gold and Arcus.

Nostalgia a.k a. motor oil (then leather) is in the category of half-insane frags like Quasar and Xeryus Rouge. My guess is that you might tire of it quickly. but then, I'm not Sherlock, so it's only a guess, not a deduction

If you like Cuiron, what about Miler Harris C'uir d'Oranger?

Well, some discontinued faves which I'm also guessing you've tried 90% of )

Signature by St. Dupont
    Dali PH by Dali --not to be confused with the' LIP' SDPH
    Morabito OR Black---very formal.
    ( original ) Santos by Cartier
    Joseph Abdoud--Wait, that's listed as ' In Production'
    Jaguar (original) Ok, I've never smelled this, but I've heard rumors. . .

And, now that money is no object, you could always get Feuille Verte and do a review on it or Verveine by Mollinard, or Hombre de Flores Polianthes Tuberosa or--

--Never mind, keep going and money will be an object

Congratulations again!

Cheers,

Lestrade
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Mania and Passage D' Enfer

usually make it a habit to stay out of cost no object threads.

I'll tell ya I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a pre-frontal lobotomy — Tom Waits

yer lookin good kid — me

I think OV is a good choice (obviously), but I think Silver Mountain Water is the best Creed in terms of "second skin" type scents. It's probably the single scent that I wear the most often.

Also, since you're thinking of OV and vetiver scents, maybe Comme des Garçons Vettiveru is what you're looking for. Check out my review of it in the directory It comes in a 17 oz. bottle, so you know it will last a while.

Still, if not OV, then SMW would be my pick. Congrats again,

Post Thanks / Like

Add Baie de Genièvre by Creed and you'll toss the rest of your collection away!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Give Yerbamate and Alamut a try if you haven't already. If Alamut would have been released by Guerlain it should have been named Samsara pour Homme.

Try to check out Versus Uomo..the best Versace scent IMO...the one discountinued in 1991. It's along the lines of Antaeus and MPG Parfum d'Habit..and fits somewhere between a fresh citrus scent for day wear and a formal scent. Also, not to hard on the wallet..I think you can pick up a bottle of 20 bucks on Ebay. I think it sounds perfect for you...it a really dark citrus scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: What should I add to my collection?

Must have...Creed (M.I., SMW, GIT, OV, BdP, Himalaya)...than you are ready for the whole season (day or night) :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: What should I add to my collection?

Since you are interested in Santa Maria Novella's Nostalgia, I suggest you sample atleast Citta di Kyoto and Acqua di Sicilia from this great house, both are light and very subtle, perfect for hospital environment. Another house, that is not very well known here at basenotes is Trumper's. From them Spanish Leather and GFT might be good choices for light and wearable everyday scent. SL is somewhat sweet but also clean and with low sillage. I peeked at your wardrobe, and considering the picture I got from your taste, I'd like to suggest you Divine's L'Homme Sage, Trumper's Sandalwood and and Patricia de Nicolai's New York, when it comes to more formal fragrances.

Oh yeah, inspired by the re-emerging of Angeliques sous la Pluie thread, I tried it again yestarday; fantastic! Definately one to try, and perfect for your job.

Congratulations!

EDIT: I could very well suggest you some of the Creeds, but seeing you are very familiar with the house, I wanted to suggest something you might have not tried yet, getting something totally new and different is so satisfying. I also noticed that you have owned Eau des Iles, so I replaced that one with Trumper's Sandalwood.
    Last edited by Johnny_Ludlow; 9th May 2007 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    Must have...Creed (M.I., SMW, GIT, OV, BdP, Himalaya)...than you are ready for the whole season (day or night) :-)
    As one who has been lately captivated by Creed, my vote goes for Original Vetiver or Himalaya for day and the gorgeous Bois du Portugal for a more formal scent.
    Silver Mountain Water is wonderful too, on myself it sits on top of my skin so I do not find it as wearable as Himalaya. SMW smells incredible on a friend of mine, though, blending with her body chemistry. I have worn Himalaya quite happily and with nice feedback in a hospital
    I adore BdP on my boyfriend. Complex and deep and draws one in closer.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, I'll jump on the SMW bandwagon. Get Silver Mountain Water already!

I only own 2 Creeds, and this is one of them. Light, ozonic (in a rain puddle thunderstorm kind of way) and slightly musky.

I think you will like.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that you must(and i am sure that after you will buy them) try the Profumum Thundra and Antico Caruso.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok no more Creeds. I have owned SMW, OV, REL, and Himalaya in the past. While I liked all of them, they aren't what I'm looking for (except maybe OV).
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Post Thanks / Like

Discontinued scents from the 80's and 90's and money is no object? You need Jil Sander Feeling man, sir. It's very difficult to find and when you do it costs a fortune, but it is well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd suggest Lorenzo Villoresi Vetiver, Aramis New West, Caron's L'Anarchiste or Kiton.
    Renato

Off-Scenter

On the lighter side, I suggest trying Villoresi's Yerbamate, L'Artisan's Fou d'Absinthe, and Parfum d'Empire's Iskander.

For formal wear, how about Aoud Cuir d'Arabie, Habanita, Santal Noble, or Dawn Spencer Hurwitz's Cimabue?