Code of Conduct
    Cambridge, Leeds, London and Newcastle (It's complicated!)

Default ...similar to rose poivree?

having recently turned 21 i've come to the decision (based on nothing at all really!) that my fragrance needs to be a little more grown up.

I currently alternate between Burberry Brit and Carolina Herrera's 212(MEN). I'm right now trying to analyse what I like in these two... Brit has a pronounced floral (violet? rose?) note, which i love, but i sometimes wonder if it's overall too baby-powdery, perhaps sliiightly too sweet.
    The 212 i fell in love with the first time i smelled it, and I still love to wear it, although the novelty is starting to wear off. I find it very distinctive, and it seems to last forever - sometimes just a couple of sprays on a jacket is still potent weeks later when i wear it again. Less floral, although there is some in there I think, and quite a sensual smell too - it often gets compliments and I love it on other men. But it's SO common, it just doesnt feel special.

Anyway, to the point - I was recently in Harrods having lunch, and I thought I'd pop into the Urban Retreat perfume department. I was guided through various fragrances, and one i absolutely fell in love with was the Different Company's Rose Poivree. I adore the combination of the floral with the reassuringly masculine, pungent pepper, and it has a wonderfully sexy musky note too. It was a little short-lived, but i'd be willing to put up with that. Much more sophisticated than the fragrances I'm currently using.
    The downside? The price is just a little bit beyond what i'd like to be spending.

So I'm wondering if anyone familiar with Rose Poivree can suggest something else that I might like, something floral but masculine, with a musky sex-appeal too - and more sophisticated than the Burberry or the 212.

Please help! Thanks

Guy

Just thought I'd add - another favourite is gaultier's Le Male, again the sensual powdery/musk in the drydown is what i like in it.
    Last edited by itsthepens; 9th May 2007 at 08:01 AM.

Default Re: ...similar to rose poivree?

Have you tried Fleur de Male from JPG? If you like florals and Le Male then that's a bit of a no brainer for you.
    You may also want to try Rose d'Homme (Parfume de Rosines) which is stocked by Liberty's, Les Senteurs and branches of Cologne & Cotton. It's typically around Ģ60 for 100ml EDP (not sure if it's available in 50ml).
    What's your budget?