Code of Conduct

Question Which one would you prefer? Frederic Malle M.R. or Creed VIW?

Who can give some informations about these scents?

Default Re: Which one would you prefer? Frederic Malle M.R. or Creed VIW?

Frederic Malle M.R. = Sex in a bottle

Virgin Island Water = Sex on the beach in a bottle

Talking Re: Which one would you prefer? Frederic Malle M.R. or Creed VIW?

I never smelled Frederic Malle M.R.,
    but thats true Creeds VIW smells like sex on a beach :-)
    which one should i take???
    I have to test Malle!!

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    I never smelled Frederic Malle M.R.,
    but thats true Creeds VIW smells like sex on a beach :-)
    which one should i take???
    I have to test Malle!!
    Actually, they're pretty much polar opposites. I find M.R. suited better for an intimate evening or something along the lines of that. VIW, on the other hand, is more of a "fresh/daytime" scent that I don't think would work very well at night ... unless it's at a tiki bar. It's gotten very good reviews around here. But, to me, it's just an expensive "suntan lotion/pina colada" scent.

My personal opinion is that M.R. is the better choice.

Ziffy sums it up best. I find VIW more suited for casual daytime wear or hot summer nights out on the town with friends. I admit that I'm not too fond of its tropical drink accord but it is fun to wear.

MR is one of my official date night scents. It has resulted in me getting "ravageured" a few times. It's a smooth, lush skin scent that wears well on me.

I'm biased toward MR but test both to see which one fits you best.

Red face Re: Which one would you prefer? Frederic Malle M.R. or Creed VIW?

Yes, that´s true! VIW is more citrus/mandarine, than milky (light coconut), like sun-lotion...than it turns back to citrus...it´s more a daytime scent. There are some other Creeds that i have (M.I.; GIT; SMW; OS) i would choose them first...VIW is a good second or third choice :-)...

I will test Malle M.R. tomorrow...i´m so excited...i hope they got the new French Lover Malle scent...i have to test this, too!!!

Thanks for the informations...very good discribed :-)

Wink Re: Which one would you prefer? Frederic Malle M.R. or Creed VIW?

Frederick Malle's MR is tops in my book. I find VIW to be a bit too "fruity" for me. I always associate coconut notes with cheap products. I am not saying Creed ever uses anything but the highest grade ingredients, but personally, I don't want to smell like $1.99 pomade or sun tan lotion.

M.R. All the way! Sexy LOOOOONG lasting scent compared to Creed's VIW, Coppertone Lime scent that last's 15 minutes (on me).

As others have said, it depends on what kind of fragrance you are looking for. I like both, although MR is more serious and "sexy".

MR (from the great Maurice Roucel, the nose behind Bond no. 9 New Haarlem, Gucci Envy, and 24 Faubourg amongst others) is probably my favorite of the Malles and is a top tier evening fragrance. It has a distinct sweet and sensual character with spices and lavender flowing into the vanilla dominated base. It also has a subdued "animalic" feel which is apparently accomplished without musk.

VIW is more suited for daytime/outdoor wear, with its refreshing lime, tangy mandarin and smooth coconut blending extremely well with the rum and ginger notes in the base to create a citrus fragrance which distinguishes itself from the crowded Creed citrus/marine/aquatic line up.

I get excellent longevity out of both, with MR exhibiting better sillage. Once again it depends on what kind of fragrance you are looking for. I would say try samples of both first - neither of them is an easy blind buy.
    -

i love them both--but what makes a WORLD of difference in my decesion regarding which one to wear is the weather. MR falls apart on me in the heat/humidity: the heart-note cloves rot on my skin and disassemble the entire fragrance. when it's below freezing in the winter, however, MR is my "holy grail." there's nothing like it. (i'll just pack my bottle away and unveil it in early december....)

Creed's VIW, on the other hand, is a refreshing, lively sent for the heat of summer. the many notes that support the coconut bring it alive and make it glisten IMO, curbing it from the associations to suntan oil that some noses, not really giving it a try, write it off with....
    Last edited by nycflaneur; 11th May 2007 at 03:33 AM.
    Dieu prend plaisir dès maintenant à ce que tu fais.
    Qu'en tout temps tes vêtements soient blancs et que le parfum ne manque pas sur ta tête. (Ecclésiaste 9:7-8)