Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What would you buy if the cost was the same?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dia

6 19.35%
  • Musc Ravageur

25 80.65%

Default Amourage Dia or FM Musc Ravageur

What would you guys order.

These scent smell similar to me but Dia has metallic notes which I like but Musc Ravageur has crazy longevity and potency. To me they are about the same cost(30 dollar difference for 100ml of musc vs 50 mls of Dia).

What would you get based on the following criteria?

Scent quality.
    Longevity.
    Bottle design.

Default Re: Amourage Dia or FM Musc Ravageur

I don't smell much similarity and I much prefer Dia.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Off-Scenter

So you have to ask me to choose between the two absolute staples of my wardrobe? Mean!

I wear both often, and I have to say I smell NOTHING similar about them. Musc Ravageur is a sweet, spicy oriental. Dia is a floral/leather/ incense (mostly incense) composition. I don't even wear them under the same circumstances. As far as I'm concerned, Musc Ravageur is strictly for romantic occasions or evenings when I feel like projecting sensuality, whereas I can wear Dia anywhere, any time.

Argggghhhhh! Brain circuits locking...cannot compute...cannot compute...

Dia starting to get some votes now. How does the dia bottle look in person?

A big fan of classic Amouage, ie pre-Arcus here, but I'd take Musc Ravageur ove Dia any day.
    MR is SO complete.

I traded my Dia away. You would have to pry my MR from my cold, dead fingers......

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Haven't tried Dia. I'm mostly with Vibert when he says MR is strictly for evenings/feeling sensual. I do think I can pull off wearing it to school in cooler weather, but I wouldn't wear it to an office, and it feels terribly wrong to wear it when my girlfriend isn't around. It's stunning though. An absolute must-have.

Have only tried Dia once so for me it is not a fair judgement. Dia did not move me enough to go for further testing, Musc Ravageur did.

I will never again be without MR. Dia I can, and do, live without

I don't get the fanfare about MR...I try to like it, I'll try again probably. But there is something in that makes me ill, literally. It gives me a massive headache, near instantly. I wish I understood why.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Thenmarcher, it was your sample of Dia that enticed me and actually introduced me to armourage. So as a result I am not sure which one to get.

Musc Ravegeur longevity is so unbelievable you can't even wash it off. I smelt traces of it after 20 hours which is phenomenal.

The only thing that weird to me about MR is that is a perfume and it indeed has some feminine florals in there for me. But it smell good those.

I didn't vote because I do not know Dia, and MR is popular enough without my vote.
    Did you try Amouage Gold for men? Judging from my sample, that is a real alternative to MR . It's certainly not a daywear/office scent, and be prepared for 'rockrose'! As with Musk Ravageur some people feel really passionate about this one, however it all goes in the opposite direction (reviews). There is only one thumbsup for it, and if you read it, that must have been selected by error People who buy these perfumes usually do it because they are really in love with them. If you are not certain about that - hands off! They are too expensive to simply try them out. There is so much else out there, and also you will find more than you can afford, and be in love with each of them. Relax - selecting the right colognes for yourself takes time. It's a journey to your inner self!
    Last edited by narcus; 8th May 2007 at 11:40 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

How about you get a little decant of each one to help you make up your mind or tide you over til you can afford both?

I have a sample of each but want one of the bottles. I heard bad stuff about gold. Someone here compared it to cat urine. I need a unique scent in my collection, as you can imagine all my scents are pretty popular stuff.