Code of Conduct

Default Got some Demeters

Some gift sets of Demeter scents were going cheap, and I got them on a whim.
    Dirt - my wife said it smelled like compost, while to me it smelled like dirt.

Grass - interesting grassy smell.

Laundomat - I liked it, but it's a bit too feminine smelling for me. Not sure what to do with this bottle. I have a friend to whom I give my duds, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want this one.

Martini - bit rough, reminds me of one of the Trumper scents I've tested in the past.

Cosmipolitan Cocktail - don't like at all.

Gin and Tonic - quite a nice fresh scent, again reminiscent of a Trumper scent I've smelled in the past.
    Renato

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Got some Demeters

Maybe you could use the Laundromat as a linen spray (you know, like an expensive Febreze?)

I kind of steer clear from the 'cocktail' influenced scents by Demeter myself - but the Gin and Tonic one sounds like the description of Skai by Comme de Garcons. Wonder if you've tried Skai and would agree?

I will be buying Dirt soon - I think it smells great.

Hi Renato!

What exactly in Laundromat made you think it's too feminine? Too much floral? Too much vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Maybe you could use the Laundromat as a linen spray (you know, like an expensive Febreze?)

I kind of steer clear from the 'cocktail' influenced scents by Demeter myself - but the Gin and Tonic one sounds like the description of Skai by Comme de Garcons. Wonder if you've tried Skai and would agree?

I will be buying Dirt soon - I think it smells great.
    Laundomat would certainly give any clothes a certain just washed smell about them, even when unwashed. I haven't ever seen Skai.
    Renato
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by RCavs View Post
    Hi Renato!

What exactly in Laundromat made you think it's too feminine? Too much floral? Too much vanilla?
    There's no vanilla in it that I can detect. At first I thought it was unisex, but after half an hour there was some strange chemical sweetness type smell about it that was something more similar to florals that women might wear - but beats me if was an actual flower smell. My wife thought it feminine as well.

I forgot - I actually bought her two citrusy "Sex on the Beach" Demeter colognes (based on the cocktail of the same name) which smelled pretty good too.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 9th May 2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Some gift sets of Demeter scents were going cheap, and I got them on a whim.
    Dirt - my wife said it smelled like compost, while to me it smelled like dirt.

Grass - interesting grassy smell.

Laundomat - I liked it, but it's a bit too feminine smelling for me. Not sure what to do with this bottle. I have a friend to whom I give my duds, but I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want this one.

Martini - bit rough, reminds me of one of the Trumper scents I've tested in the past.

Cosmipolitan Cocktail - don't like at all.

Gin and Tonic - quite a nice fresh scent, again reminiscent of a Trumper scent I've smelled in the past.
    Renato

Grass is the most authentic grass smell I've come across. The only thing missing is the exhaust from the lawnmower. Ah, my youth was well spent...

Dirt is pretty authentic too but why would anyone want to smell of dirt?

Another one to try is Rain. Almost captures the scent in the air after a summer rain.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Dirt is a really good one. I havent tried others on the list, but I also like Thunderstorm a lot.
    -