Code of Conduct

Default Any opinions on "Guess Suede"?

Has anyone smelt the new fragrance from Guess called "Suede"? If so, what are your opinions?

Default Re: Any opinions on "Guess Suede"?

I thought it smelt very good. It's hard for me to describe the smell but I know it isn't a dark leathery smell at all. It was kinda fresh and sweet. Very nice smell.

Smells very good. IMO everything Guess makes is good. Jeans, accesories, shirts, fragrances, etc. Slight similarity to John Varvatos--if I may be so bold.

I actually sampled this yesterday....I think I agree...its hard to describe but its nice...It actually initially reminded me of Vera Wang for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ck__ View Post
    I thought it smelt very good. It's hard for me to describe the smell but I know it isn't a dark leathery smell at all. It was kinda fresh and sweet. Very nice smell.

Do they have this at Macy's?

Yes, do they indeed! I'd definitely like to know, it sounds great.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Wow, it sounds like a real gem! I'm definitely going to check it out.

Does anyone know who is carrying this now? I did a Google search and came up empty.

Smelled this today at Macy's -- just sprayed on a blotter, didn't pay attention to it after 15 minutes. There is a light suede topnote, but as others have noted, it's dominated by fresh, sweet notes (I detect apple) rather than leather.
    Spray it, donít say itÖ
    WARDROBE

Talking about Suede ,I have the impression that Etienne's Aigner "In Leather Man-Suede Edition" (not listed in the directory) is the epitome of the smell of suede.Even better than Cuiron IMHO...And the original "In Leather Man" is nice too.
    http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123229.html
    Milamber's review is is so inspired!
    (by the way,sorry to hijack the thread...)
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    Smells very good. IMO everything Guess makes is good. Jeans, accesories, shirts, fragrances, etc. Slight similarity to John Varvatos--if I may be so bold.
    I received a paper sample in a Macy's circular over the weekend, and was pleasantly surprised. The comparison to John Varvatos is accurate, however I'm also detecting something more, can't quite put my finger on it. I'm going to Macy's over lunch today to check this one out in person, as it has definitely piqued my interest. Smells very promising.

I finally got a sample! I like it, I'll post my thoughts later when I have some free time.

This is a nice scent that I'm wearing on casual Friday. Very similar to Polo Black, however.

It's comfy and easy to wear. Great for casual wear. I got it as the $9.99 side piece with the $39.99 Zegnaintenso (BOGO deal at Perfumania last week).

Someone said it's similar to FUBU Plush (except that it's a bit fruity at first, which FP is not), so since I already have FP and like it (once in a while), I had no interest in GS. You might be able to grab a 100 ml bottle of FP somewhere now for around $10, so if you like GS except for the fruitiness, that might be worth looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Someone said it's similar to FUBU Plush (except that it's a bit fruity at first, which FP is not), so since I already have FP and like it (once in a while), I had no interest in GS.
    Heh, that could've been my review.

Interesting that this thread got bumped since I found Suede to be one of my new "Wow I love this" scents.

How long does this scent last on very one's skin?

3 sprays went about 3 hours...not very good. Nice while it lasts...