Code of Conduct

Default is Daim Blond a good buy for warm climates?

so i've tested it twice, and each time i applied pretty heavily, but i do know the spray from a bottle is different from the spray from a tester.i'm really in love with this frag, but wondering how a bottle will hold up for summer wear in south Florida (average temp 88F/31C) . Granted, I work in an air conditioned office all day long - but in general what do you guys think about this as a hot weather frag?

Default Re: is Daim Blond a good buy for warm climates?

This fragrance was among one of the 14 fragrances that I tried on May 7th (if you remember my list of 101 that I needed help out sorting out) and I loved it.

IMO, I wouldn't wear it during hot days, but rather on cooler days. My first impression is that is not as green as Caron Pour Un Homme or Vetiver by Creed, thus, Is not as fresh to wear it on warm days.

I think it could work. I seem to remember it got sweeter when I tried it on a fairly warm day. Then again, I find today hot at 24'C, one of the first few hot days here. I think the humidity would also play a factor.

Wait - there is no difference between testers and actual bottles at the stores I know that carry Lutens. Are you testing from a small sample spray or at a store? I would suggest bringing a vial with you, and spraying a bit into it for testing if you want to try a lighter application. Dab a bit on and go for a run, that'll tell you.

And if it is love... well, there's always winter if summer doesn't work, unless you are fickle about your fragrant loves.

Quote Originally Posted by kasae View Post
    I think it could work. I seem to remember it got sweeter when I tried it on a fairly warm day. Then again, I find today hot at 24'C, one of the first few hot days here. I think the humidity would also play a factor.

Wait - there is no difference between testers and actual bottles at the stores I know that carry Lutens. Are you testing from a small sample spray or at a store? I would suggest bringing a vial with you, and spraying a bit into it for testing if you want to try a lighter application. Dab a bit on and go for a run, that'll tell you.

And if it is love... well, there's always winter if summer doesn't work, unless you are fickle about your fragrant loves.
    Yes, I'm spraying from a small sample spray ordered from Aedes. The noxxle is different from the "real bottle" spray nozzle.

Thanks to you both for the input. I think it might work well too, just wanted to hear if there was a strong "NO WAY" contingent out there, as it is a bit of a sweet frag.

Off-Scenter

I think Daim Blond is appropriate for summer wear, but then summer here amounts to 80 degrees or so.

Daim Blond will be too much in the 88F florida heat - the apricot and heliotrope will bloom and hammer the senses. I wore Daim Blond last summer and it was unbearable. A very light application would be recommended.
    -

I think you could get away with it if sprayed lightly. zztopp is correct the heliotrope and apricot kernel can really biff you across the chops if over-applied in the heat. A friend of mine doused herself withthe sample she got and it was like "whew"!

This was a recent sample and subsequent purchase for me. I fully intend on wearing it occasionally in warmer weather even though it is one of SL's haute concentration fragrances with prominent apricot and heliotrope notes. However, a light application is a must. I plan on spraying at arm's length and/or away from the body.

It was in the high 70s the last time I wore it. I had sprayed about 5-7 times at not quite arm's length and that was plenty. Perhaps more than enough, but I did not suffocate. I think 1-3 sprays from a good distance would suffice.

Certainly better in fall or winter, even here in NYC

Basenotes Institution

I just gave Daim Blond a full wearing for the 1st time today (just sniffed it in a store once before). It was another hot day here in Miami (I think it was 90 when I stepped out of the gym this morning, having just spritzed DB all over me) and I found it fine for me - not cloying, not overpowering at all.

However, I found it VERY similar to Tabac Blond. Anyone else find this?

Also, I got less apricot and more suede (leather) - not the other way around, like a lot of you said. I'm not sure if I 'got' the hawthorne, since I don't think I know what hawthorne smells like (?).

I think Daim Blond is best worn in hot weather. When I owned a bottle, I found it extremely weak in terms of both sillage and longevity. It would go unnoticed on my skin in cold climate. If it works for you, I'd say go for it.

'The warmer the better' holds true for all of the Lutens perfumes I know, particularly the orientals. It is more than likely that SL tests, and releases their final formula in his residence in northern Africa.
    Last edited by narcus; 10th August 2007 at 07:51 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

a lot of Serge Lutens are more for fall or winter...