Code of Conduct

Thread: Hate to do this

Default Hate to do this

I'm considering purchasing a creed. Between SMW, MI, GIT, or Ero|fa. Not too woody or stuffy, p|ease. Considerab|y |asting. MI seems to be out, then, no? And yet, I hear four shots does 10 hours? Was a|so considering Orange Spice, but may be too much for summer. From my wardrobe, I rea||y on|y wear Guess, A||ure Sport, 212 and Issey, with the occasiona| VS. Guess is a|most out, thinking either rep|acing it or getting something e|se(Creed!).
    Pros and cons of a||? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hate to do this

SMW is one of my summer favorites. It's fresh & bright & lasts a good while. MI smells really great...but it's kind of a crapshoot on how much longevity you'll get. I don't know if GIT would be wise for you to get. YOU'LL know your're wearing something special, but your classmates will just think you're wearing Cool Water.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Don't know if this helps...I wear SMW & Erolfa when I won't be working/playing too close to others, because it seems that I enjoy the scent more than the world enjoys it on me. On the other hand I get way more compliments about MI & GIT.

With regard to longevity I've experimented with application methods to maximize...

Try to sample all if you can. They are all great IMO.

Best regards,

Mike

I'd say of those listed Erolfa, or if you're open to other suggestions Neroli Sauvage. Both work really well for me here in Florida, so I'd think they'd make great summer fragrances anywhere. Both actually last forever on me, and I do tend to "lose" most frags quicker than most people.

I'm a big Erolfa fan. I don't exactly remember what SMW smells like... though I think I liked it, my inability to remember doesn't speak well.

Alternate suggestions: I really liked Original Vetiver. Orange Spice I recall smelling similar to Kouros, and it might be a bit 'much' for what you're describing. One could make an argument for Himalaya, though if you want to magically stretch your budget with very similar effect; Paco's XS.

Blog Entries

Ooh I second the OV recommendation. Genvy, I recall you saying once that Mugler Cologne was too feminine for your tastes. Original Vetiver is very much like MC, but far more masculine. If you like the overall scent of MC, definitely give OV a try.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I agree you should try Original Vetiver. Quite longlasting on me, but you will have to try for yourself anyway. Another superrefreshing one for summer: Selection Verte.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

MI or GIT. A fresh bottle will last much longer than one that is a few years old. I don't know if I've even worn either of them in public without getting a compliment.

XS is a good suggestion too. Many find it similar to Himalaya.

Original Santal is another one to try. But god help you, go easy on the trigger.

Dude, just go to Neiman's if you can and try them! Then buy online from someone reputable for half the price.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

i'd choose silver mountain water. green irish tweed is extremely nice but is a little woody. it's hard to beat, however. millesime imp. is awesome ...definitely the ultimate summer scent. i don't think it does last as long, but a very attractive girl i know who has an upscale beauty shop which sells creed, said she personally uses millesime and it's not as strong, but notices that whereas she can't smell it as much on herself, she gets alot of compliments on it. green irish tweed is very nice and gets nicer with the drydown. it is like cool water but has more depth and a different sillage i think. personally my favorite is silver mountain water as it the one creed scent that in my opinion, not only smells nice like all other creeds, but is different....has a certain mysteriousness to it...now that's my opinion. it is a light and summery fragrance of sorts, but seems a little more "wowish" with lots charm. for some reason it reminds me of christmas morning...not sugar and spices or anything like that..such as burberry london> but it's just so crisp and surprisingly nice. i've always tried choosing my favorite creed and really can't. i decided to get smw, git, and tabarome as well (new). i would like to have millesime too, though.
    Last edited by bsmith001; 10th May 2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: miscommunication

I think Original Vetiver would be your best bet. Himalaya would be my second choice.

Of the ones you listed, i would go with GIT.

JMO, but i think alot of people would consider Orange Spice to be on the "stuffy" side. Also, i think its much better suited for colder weather. It is good scent though. Like most Creeds, it is high quality.

For summer I'd prefer SMW. Himalaya and Original Vetiver are excellent Creeds, too, but I find them more suitable for fall.

SMW, OV, and GIT are all very good choices. I like the Neiman Marcus idea...
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Talking Re: Hate to do this

SMW is one of my favorites scents...very clean and fresh (a bit sweet)! A very good spring and summer scent (also Orginial Vetiver, M.I., Erolfa)...GIT is also a very good choice, if you don´t have any of Creeds...you can wear it the whole seasons and (any situations)

Longevity? Is it _longevity_ you want? Just go straight for Vintage Tabarome.
    Somehow I suspect you want something a bit more modern, but you won't be
    disappointed with VT's longevity. Youch!

I`d go with Green Irish Tweed.It is brilliant in any season.