Code of Conduct

Default One Grand - and feeling at peace

So here it goes (strings, pleaz)

I want to thank everybody here for their warm welcome to basenotes, not quite a year ago, for the immeasurable amount of knowledge, intelligence, and humor that you bring to this our object of desire and devotion: perfume; for making this a genuine community, with the inevitable occasional wart of a thread - but mostly full of good cheer, good will and great Avatars . I have found friends here and I hope at least some of my posts and reviews have been able to give something back to this magnificent institution. Somehow I'm sounding like Hillary Clinton, so let me conclude by saying: I luv this friggin' agglomeration of totally deranged frag freaks.

(add humming Hollywood choir to strings)
    And let me just briefly add (aargh, academics, always run overtime): I'm really at peace with perfume now. There were times when I tried - rather unsuccessfully - to cut lose from here, because I had a feeling of not having this obsession under control - that was correct, too. Somehow that has recently passed, or perhaps I'm just too exhausted from working 12 hour days and raising the cutest kid on earth (as always:entirely subjective perception ). Anyway, I feel very happy with my collection, I'm not frantically eyeing ebay for the next bargain purchase. I have not even scrambled to try Tauer's Jardin, French Lover, or Virgin Island Water. They'll be around. With the big 4 comes more calm, perhaps, although I insist on remaining a bourgeois punk. Well, whatever, thanks for bearing with me through this emotional moment. I think I have a tear in my eye - gotta love that CdG Harissa (cough) - and, well, you won't have to read through something like this for another 1000 posts. But you see, for all the self-deprecating irony, I do mean it.

Thanks
    the_good_life

P.S.:Emily Rose says hi (well, something like 'aaauugoolgoo' actually )
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Default Re: One Grand - and feeling at peace

Dear Emily Rose, aaauugoolgoo to you too!

Dear the_good_life,

Thanks for the wonderful post, which captures many of the things I love about this place. (And thanks for mentioning, in a few of your previous 999 posts, DSH's Sandalo Inspiritu, which lead me first to try and later to acquire this wonderful scent!)

Cheers,
    Paul
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

aaauugoolgoo to Emily Rose , and to her father , CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a 5 star general at basenotes . Enjoy your posts.
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Great to have you here, another like-minded frag freak!

Phew! I thought you were leaving us! Your daughter is lovely, may she grow up to be the world's best perfumer...or what ever she decides.

Graffham

Congrats and Thanks for a Wonderful Post.......Hello to Emily Rose.......may You and Yours always be Blessed........Gary

You're such a sweetheart.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Its been great having you here the_good_life - and heres to 5000 more posts !
    -

Dear the_good_life,

I've been on this board since very early 2003 (I think there's still a few of us around), and I'm not even close to your post count. However I've been off and on this sight and I've read alot of you post's and must confess it's been a great joy reading them all. Congrats to you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Phew! I thought you were leaving us!

Graffham
    Me too. I thought - "not another one".

Great post.
    Renato

What are the elements of the good life/the_good_life: grace, wit, intelligence, conviviality, and especially good humor.

It's been a much better board since we've shared it with you.

Always a pleasure to read your posts and know you're around.

Congratulations on the two milestones: Emily and the thousand posts.

Best regards,

scentemental

Smile Re: One Grand - and feeling at peace

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Me too. I thought - "not another one".

Great post.
    Renato
    Ditto!

Happy 1,000 !!

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

I have learned so much from you. Cheers and here's to another thousand!

Hello Emily Rose!
    You are not your perfume.

aaauugoolgoo I couldnt have said it better myself.

congrats and be of good cheer.

Gary
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 11th May 2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: spelling version 2.0.1

Congratulations! I always look forward to reading your insightful and sometimes fun posts. You are an amazing assest to Basenotes. Your knowledge is priceless and your passion is an inspiration. I look forward to another thousand posts from you.

Thank you for sharing your time with us.

--Michael

Thanks the_good_life for the great post -- I've read many of your posts and learned much from you and the many other basenoters here.

Here's hoping that all of us newbies, will pass our 1000th milestone with as much grace, humour, contentment and goodwill as you have -- it's certainly something I look forward to.

Congratulations on the 5 stars. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: One Grand - and feeling at peace

Emily Rose has a great dad! Congratulations TGL and here's to many more posts from you both.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Aaauugoolgoo! You're so sweet! And may I quote you in my résumé?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I always look forward to and enjoy your postings when I get to read them. Thank you. :wave:

Basenotes Institution

Congrats on the one thousand - your posts are always informative, humorous and (most of all) positive. Plus you get extra points for the adorable infant pic.

Frag freaks of the world unite!

WELL, so much for my (impending) 100th post soliloquy!! Thanks a LOT, TOM! :-(

kidding!
    Last edited by Duncan; 11th May 2007 at 03:52 PM.

And here I thought that you had now spent $1000 on fragrances and were finally at peace! Regardless, I join with the others is expressing my regards for your presence on this board, congratulations on your 1000th (1,011 as I write this reply), and all the best to Emily Rose and your family.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by wicozani View Post
    And here I thought that you had now spent $1000 on fragrances and were finally at peace! Regardless, I join with the others is expressing my regards for your presence on this board, congratulations on your 1000th (1,011 as I write this reply), and all the best to Emily Rose and your family.

Jeff
    i thought maybe he'd picked up his 1000th bottle!
    congrats TGL! i'll look forward to reading the next 1000th milestone post