Code of Conduct

Default anyone in USA order from Malle's Paris shop?

Contemplating an order from editionsdeparfums.com, F. Malle's Paris shop, shipping to California. Wondering if I'd get stuck paying duties. Anyone know?
    The total order is about $350USD...

The reason I want to order from paris is the ability to get a few samples with my order, as I've heard barney's doesn't give Malle samples. Anyone know? (i've already benifited from FM's quiz and sample program, so don't want to take advantage of their generosity by buying from barney's and requesting samples from FM...) Oh, and it also might be a few bucks cheaper to order through FM.

any thoughts or experience welcome.
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Default Re: anyone in USA order from Malle's Paris shop?

I have purchased all of my Malles directly from Paris and have never had to pay any duties.

Basenotes Institution

I was always under the assumption that you could not order from the shop, if you lived in the US? This is news for me...

What is Malle's sample program like?

Quote Originally Posted by baald View Post
    Contemplating an order from editionsdeparfums.com, F. Malle's Paris shop, shipping to California. Wondering if I'd get stuck paying duties. Anyone know?
    The total order is about $350USD...

The reason I want to order from paris is the ability to get a few samples with my order, as I've heard barney's doesn't give Malle samples. Anyone know? (i've already benifited from FM's quiz and sample program, so don't want to take advantage of their generosity by buying from barney's and requesting samples from FM...) Oh, and it also might be a few bucks cheaper to order through FM.

any thoughts or experience welcome.

I was once comtemplating on ordering directly from Paris too. I think it really depends on your luck with Customs on any particular day.

I've ordered with Barney's in New York and the SA that helped me was really nice and shipped me tons of samples.......everything from lotions, serums to perfume...

Call and speak directly with her and ask whether or not she can include some samples from Malle. If your making a purchase, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem...

Her name is: Samantha Murrell 212-833-2007

Good luck!

Off-Scenter

Malle does indeed ship to the US, and their prices can actually be ever so slightly better than Barney's, depending upon the state of the dollar when you order. Shipping to the west coast takes two weeks or so, and I have not had to pay any additional duty on my orders.

Good Luck!

I am an American living in Australia. I ordered samples only directly from the shoppe in Paris. I didn't have to pay taxes or stamp duty or GST and customs did not open the package which was clearly marked Perfume Samples. They usually do open packages marked perfume or cosmetics. I think it has something to do with how the packages are marked and what they see on the xray. It took my samples about two weeks to be delivered. They sent extras, sent a note saying the juice was on it's way and the samples were quite generous. I thought they were great to deal with.
    Should order some more Iris Poudre, as a matter of fact.

I live in Mexico, so when I ordered my Bigarade Concentre, I had it sent to my sister in Oklahoma, because I didn't want it getting lost in the mail...that would be depressing. I didn't have to pay any duty. I say go for it! I am looking forward to trying my new sample of French Lover. Sure they changed the name for Americans but I like the old/new name.

I order directly from their Paris shop. With the latest Barney's price hike on Malle, it's a better deal, and they ship quickly, never had to pay duty on any perfume sent in.
    Visit our perfume blog - Perfume Posse