Code of Conduct

Wink Today I got my first compliment

Usually I don't expect compliments for a fragrance, but my young female colleague today said me: You smell divine this morning... I want my man smell like this for our wedding.

So I told her what it was without any problem: Jil Sander for man (1998), which has got very good reviews on the Bn directory. It is green, fresh, peppery, a little woody and very long lasting (and really fair priced).

I just wonder why nobody has ever mentioned this fragrance in the forum. It is also very suitable for hot months in the regular version. There is also a "summer edition", which I've never smelt, because I tend to think that the summer versions of a perfume are usually watered down (perhaps I'm wrong)

I recommend this!

Cheers. W

Default Re: Today I got my first compliment

Lovely! Congratulations, and I'm glad you were happy to share what it was. May you garner more compliments in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldemar View Post
    I just wonder why nobody has ever mentioned this fragrance in the forum. It is also very suitable for hot months in the regular version. There is also a "summer edition", which I've never smelt, because I tend to think that the summer versions of a perfume are usually watered down (perhaps I'm wrong)
    Jil's scents do get mentioned postively from time to time, and I've seen some good reviews. My one testing (I believe it was of Jil by Jil Sander) I was quite disappointed. But as to why they don't get mentioned more, read on.

Properties that get a fragrance mentioned: new, omnipresent, polarising (love/hate), pricey, rare, limited distribution, really awful smelling, interesting or terrible name, ability you forgo all other scents, ... I'm sure there are others that don't pop immediately to mind. I don't think any of those apply.

Excellent! So many times we try things and buy things and sometimes we pass over very good scents for reasons that are fairly inexplicable. Will give this another look when Jil and I cross paths.

Basenotes Institution

Same here - I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned positively here on BN...will look out for it.

I've always liked Jil Sander for Men. I have a bottle but just never seem to wear it for some reason. I recently acquired a bottle of Creed Green Valley and it reminded me of something-- I couldn't quite think of what though. Then it hit me that it was similar to Jil Sander for Men.

If you like the Jil Sander, try Green Valley. It's more expensive, but I like it better. It's more natural and a bit greener.

Never (so far) having been complimented, I offer sincere congratulations. ;-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum