Code of Conduct

Default Intoxicating Combo #1

Most layering experiments (intentional and accidental) have usually been flops for me, but this one is a killer.

Has anyone ever tried putting a bit of Aqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Arancia (a scent that basically resembles that of opening up an orange) on top of Silver Mountain Water? Does anyone out there even have both of those together? Go try it in the store if not!

I first tried this when I went on a trip for a wedding to San Francisco. It got alot of attention (positive attention!) and it's just so pleasant to inhale on yourself. It's really intoxicating in warm weather. They're both fragrances that you can't really put on too much of - the best is to use more SMW and then add a couple of Aranica. They're both very unisex too, so maybe some of the girls have tried it?
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 11th May 2007 at 05:31 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Intoxicating Combo #1

I have both (although I just have a little sample of the Arancia) - will try it this weekend...sounds yummy!

Hey Mike what's your avatar from? It's innocent and creepy at the same time! Nice painting in any case.

When I first got SMW i was a little put off by the citrus in it, but somehow adding a bright fresh blast in the form of the Arancia really brings out something special, and somehow highlights the base of the SMW.

Hey did you ever try the Arancia again in terms of longevity? I remember you saying it only lasted a few minutes on you, whereas it has decent longeity for me even though my skin tends to absorb things quickly.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Blog Entries

This sounds pretty good! I don't have the Aqua di Parma scent, though. Do you think Clinique Happy would be a suitable substitute? It's very orangey as well. I may have to try it this weekend.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR View Post
    Hey Mike what's your avatar from? It's innocent and creepy at the same time! Nice painting in any case.
    Another Basenoter asked me the same question yesterday, so I'll quote my reply: My avatar is a painting (don't know the name of it...) by a Russian artist, Igor Melnikov who paints these hauntingly beautiful Russian orphan portraits, with the children in the most strangest props (hay, animals, chairs, toys, the kids asleep on the floor, etc...) The actual oil paintings themselves will stop you dead in your tracks, he paints them so beautifully (and I guess he should - at about $5000 a painting). I think he has a website that his representing gallery posts some of his other work. Great stuff.

Update - more of his work can be viewed at: http://www.melnikovart.com/thumbCtl....=1&ArtistID=89

About the Arancia - yes I remember you and I having a back-and-forth on the longevity of Arancia...funny right after you and I discussed a fellow Basenoter and I did a swap and he included a 4 sample set of the entire Blu Mediteranneo line from AdP. Quite generous, huh? And good timing...however due to the Ava Luxe week samples and the Tom Ford samples I have put the Arancia and the others aside. This weekend seems like as good a time as any to break into them!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th May 2007 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    This sounds pretty good! I don't have the Aqua di Parma scent, though. Do you think Clinique Happy would be a suitable substitute? It's very orangey as well. I may have to try it this weekend.
    I've never tried happy so I don't know - if it smells just like natural straight orange/tangerine, then I imagine it will do the trick! However if it's has other prominent notes (other than one that sort of build the "orangeness" of it) then I'd guess it might clash with some of what's going on in the SMW.
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 11th May 2007 at 06:32 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sa Majesté La Rose

Basenotes Institution

OK - so I tried this tonite, before I headed out the door to meet up with some friends for the evening...4-5 sprays of SMW and 2-3 sprays on Arancia. Nice combination of scents at the outset - wow the Arancia smells JUST LIKE THE PEEL OF A TANGERINE, almost Demeter-ish in its replication. Mixed with that rain water smell of SMW it really worked.

However (and didn't you know there was going to be a however...) I think my skin chemistry is a Arancia eating machine because that tangerine note lasted about 20 minutes (just like it did last time on me) and then all I got was the smell of the lovely SMW.

Oh well...I tried Ceaser, I really did.