Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Homme now at Macys

I noticed a large display of this new long awaited fragrance at my local Macys. Lucky enough their was a tester on hand and a gave a nice shot to the back of my hand.

I was not impressed!

The scent is nothing like the women's. Actually this fragrance is very bland..blah. I pick up a lot of oranges and lemon and woods. The scent reminds me very much of CK one Summer scent I smell one year.

Light Blue is a perfect name for the scent for it just fades into the blue. Very close to the skin and now two hours later its gone unless I press my nose deep into my hand.

At the counter I picked up the original and sniffed the bottle and said to myself the Classic runs miles around this Light Blue crap!

So my verdict is thumbs down...I'll stick with my Original Dolce & Gabbana and my Black XS should I want a masculine verison of Light Blue for women.

Default Re: Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Homme now at Macys

I know that everyone here......or should I say that most here are very tired of these boring smells like everything launches......I must say that Gucci 2, Armani Attitude, Hypnose Homme, Guess Suede, YSL L'Homme, and Fleur de Male are a nice attempt to launch something that is not a Gio clone for heavens sake. I hope that these fragrances along with some others are a sign that things will someday change.......I'll keep my fingers crossed......Gary

its a shame..... why 6 years and d&G release this kind of fragance ??? i need to test it very soon... i think im gonna disappointing but im happy with my terre this night to be sad, (finally i bought it today 50ml are enough to me) anyway, Guess SUEDE seems to be a nice fragance...

Fleur D male ? no thanX i have to stay away from this smell.....
    ck in2u him ? could be a great release, but its a weak and no personality fragance..
    Allure cologne sport ? hooooo yeah,, nice nice floral-fluity semicitrus fragance....
    Very Irresistible - fresh attitude? mm,.. maybe in next months could be my next purchase. ..

Last edited by omniray; 12th May 2007 at 03:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like a fool believing in this Light Blue propoganda. I have yet to encounter it at my local department stores. Whoever started this legend is due their props for getting alot of us so very anxious. "F" it, I will just have to wear the female version, after all it is EDT.

I tried this the other day & was sadly unimpressed.

Post Thanks / Like

It's also available at Bloomingdales (both online and in store) and I also saw it at a Nordstrom yesterday. I smelled it. I don't like it. It's incredibly boring. I was expecting it to be bad, but this was even worst than I expected.
    Check out my new blog: Hortus odorifera It's brand new, but it will include many articles about Fragrances and Botany and the interrelatedness of the two (as I have a degree in Plant Science). http://hortusodorifera.blogspot.com

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Have not sniffed it yet, but from so many bad responses here on BN I'm not rushing to either.

Perhaps the half naked swarthy Italian guy in the white speedo, in the D&G Light Blue Homme ads could've foreshadowed what's happening here? All great looking on the outside / nothing going on in the inside.