Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SotD Saturday 12 May

Going to get my nails done this afternoon in this Indian inspired top.
    Spritzed some Opium Fleur De Shanghai by Yves Saint Laurent before I head out.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SotD Saturday 12 May

My head is still in a whirl, so what would be a better match than Folavril? :bounce:

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Moschino Friends - this smells like someone has just peeled oranges - yummy!

-Tertzimus-

Off to London today to a seminar. Hoping to get to Harrods and Liberty in the morning for some perfume sampling.

And I'm wearing Fendi's Asja. It's rather yummy.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

SotD: SJP Lovely.
    I haven´t worn this frag for a while, and that is a pitty, because it is really, really lovely!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Caron Pour Un Homme

Riannon, if you're reading along, I hope your allergy is calming down a little. Can't wait to have you back on the thread! BTW, fantastic performance on Jensen yesterday
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Caron Pour Un Homme

Riannon, if you're reading along, I hope your allergy is calming down a little. Can't wait to have you back on the thread! BTW, fantastic performance on Jensen yesterday
    Just dropping in to wish you all a wonderful weekend.

That performance on Jensen.....G, I am so glad that one was on tape. I fell asleep during the eight o'clock news How did I look?
    Updates please (mail, whatever).

And....another day without scent. Skin calmed down for most part but I am not taking any risk.
    The men who are real fragrance gods in this world seem to be interested and are investigating what went wrong. Because it should not have happened.

Story of my life :bounce:
    Last edited by Riannon; 12th May 2007 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Typo
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Riannon, happy to hear you are almost ready again, but take your time!

YAY! My Neil Morris samples arrived, so I am wearing the brand new Coral today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Changing to Shalimar bodylotion and L´Heure Bleu EdT at noon.

This combo comes from me not having the bodylotion of L´Heure Bleu. But even if these two frags are different, this combo is working.
    Last edited by Margareta; 12th May 2007 at 10:04 AM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_in_Black View Post
    [YAY! My Neil Morris samples arrived, so I am wearing the brand new Coral today.
    Coral is one of my favorite NMs - curious to see how you like it!!

Another Ava Luxe Free Style Layering day for me - started with Jivago's 7 Notes - (thanks for the tip ComDiva!!) ...listen to these yummy notes: Pear, mango, jasmine, orchid lotus over cinnamon and amber, sandalwood and musk. A well balanced medley - lightly fruited musk!!

And then - AL's Forbidden Fruits - in which the cinnamon is on top! Together with pepper and cardamom - then fig and pomegranate over African woods, vetiver and frankincense and myrrh.

I got the figgy pomegranate - slightly tart and musky right away. A great crescendo over the legato 7 Notes.

Must scamper right over to the AL Layering thread before I have Moondeva on my tail!

I am well armored to face the throng at the Flower Shop - all those folk who never realized that this year - unlike any other - Mother's Day is on the second Sunday in May!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

What performance are you guys talking about? Eurovision song contest? Glad that your allergies are subsiding, Riannon.

Wearing Tom Ford Black Orchid, still do not understand it completely. What I am saying is, it is a great fragrance but I doubt it was made with my skin in mind, not very smooth and with some odd elements sticking out. Will make a final verdict after today.

Searching for my AL Midnight Violet, couldn't find it, so I am now wearing Espionage by Ayala
    something rather herbaceous about this. I'm liking it.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes it's the Eurovision tonight. We don't take it very seriously in the UK...Was quite funny last year with Lordi winning, though. Who'd a thunk it?

Tabac Blond today...Liking this, but still considering whether I love it enough to spend £150 on the extrait. Hmm. *rubs chin*

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    What performance are you guys talking about?Eurovision song contest? Glad that your allergies are subsiding, Riannon.
    Excuse our little in-crowd chat, Twolf It was actually a Dutch talkshow that featured the famous Face & Murdock (A-Team).
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Citrus Dream for me today.

Oops, changed my mind. I'm wearing Feminite du Bois and comparing it with Rousse, which is sweeter and softer. At least that's my first impression!
    Last edited by MorganFay; 12th May 2007 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrothaG View Post
    Excuse our little in-crowd chat, Twolf It was actually a Dutch talkshow that featured the famous Face & Murdock (A-Team).
    Waaah!!! Hannibal, I am going to divorce you!!
    Spilling the beans just when all the fanmail is jamming my mailbox

I was a star for a short moment! And Billy was so happy that he almost became visible.

::uncontrolable sobbing::
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

Michele Bergman Black Lotus today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Exploring greens today with Claire Nilang by Lalique. Really enjoying all the herbaceous notes with a little white floral in the background. A good find, love the bottle, too.

Going to help out my neighbor at his greenhouse today, and it's hot, humid dirty work, so thought something fun like MIAMI GLOW would be in order.
    At the party for the greenhouse "helpers" tonite..... MITSOUKO.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

You 'A-Team' groupies are a TRIP!

Wearing Arancia by Acqua di Parma (Blu Mediterrano) - I sprayed it like 80 times, since past testings have proven almost zero longevity...I think I smell it now...tangerine-peel-a-go-go!

chamade - guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

Polo Black by RL.....Gary

Right now, Montana Eau D'Argent.

Later I am going to dinner and theater with some friends and haven't decided what to do about scent yet.

Fracas today, we're taking Mr. Tinker's mom to lunch...I hope our daughter behaves

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: SotD Saturday 12 May

Ugh. Unfortunately, I'm wearing medicinal scents today. (Sick)

Deep Steep's Rosemary Mint body creme and AA Mentafollia.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

CB I Hate Perfume -In the Library

Makes me hungry for rice pudding, but somehow I will try to live without it.

Post Thanks / Like

Iris Poudre - I found it a bit insignificant at first, it doesn't excactly shout at you; but now I aprreciate it. Though I'm not sure refined elegance is for me; I tend to overapply them when scents don't shout at me.

Have been completely knocked out after much stress the last weeks, my neck can't take it any more. Haven't had the energy to write here either.

So guess what...I leave for Nice tomorrow, a whole week. Got me an apartment with terrace seaview: not going to leave it at all.

No - guess there will be some sniffing too; I've printed out Kewarts post from her visit in Nice. Have to give Habanita a try. If she shouts I'll definetly buy her.

Alors; à bientõt mes amis

Post Thanks / Like

Been on an early shift today.Really sleepy at the moment!At work I wore Pure Poison, after work Mitsouko edt
    Last edited by ineespenes; 12th May 2007 at 05:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings, one and all! Kanutta, enjoy your wonderful vacation!

I'm with you in stress fest mode; but my BN buddies and scents are a big help...

Today it's Hermes Rouge EDT for me. A yummy, ambery floral. Nice for the warm-ish weather.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wearing Pink Sugar today for a day spent at an art show and planting flowers ...

happy Saturday everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Post Thanks / Like

Rive Gauche - revisiting an old favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon View Post
    Waaah!!! Hannibal, I am going to divorce you!!
    Spilling the beans just when all the fanmail is jamming my mailbox

I was a star for a short moment! And Billy was so happy that he almost became visible.

::uncontrolable sobbing::
    Woman, you are a hoot! LOL!
    pull yourself together!

today I added Vamp to my Espionage. Then later, I went to Himalaya, even further, added some Voleurs de Roses, which I am now basking in deliriously....sort of like a little scent trail of the day. Nice.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

S. Dali's PDT for tonight

Post Thanks / Like

it's hot here, so today i wore eau d'hadrien. lemony, woodsy, delightful. i love this. what else have you got, annick goutal?
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Post Thanks / Like

Survived Mother's Day in The Flower Shop and am going to bed early in L' Artisan Patchouli Patch cause I just re-sniffed it to respond to another thread and was transported. Mysterious and calming!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

I wore kai today! Woooooooowhhhhheeeee! May God bless you and keep you! I am determined not to wear it every day all summer long, though. Just every other day!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

going to bed in Deep Night by Ghost.
    sweet dreams you fragrant fiends!

Ended up wearing Elizabethan Rose this evening.

Play was "Mrs Packard"...brilliantly done