Code of Conduct

Post Abercrombie and fitch Smell

Looking for a house that may have made a cologne that smells excatly or close to abercrombie and fitch fierce
    This cologne is really for the younger population, along the lines of aqua di gio in female compliments
    once at a football game tailgating
    friend sprays abercrombie and fitch feirce
    group of females just say Holy Shit Was it That is Smells so Good

this stuff is golden
    but hate abercrombie rufuse to buy anything from that store

any suggestions please

Default Re: Abercrombie and fitch Smell

Try Victoria's Secret Very Sexy 2 for men. Also, Hollister "Jake".

But if you really like the Abercrombie, I'd say go for it! Who cares about the brand...You love the scent! I've been collecting fragrances for almost 2 years now, and one of my "I'll never give it up" scents is Abercrombie Woods, which was extremely popular when I was in high school (ten years ago). I love the stuff and couldn't care less if someone thinks otherwise. Another gem that I'm still on the hunt for is Abercrombie Signature cologne. Same story, but I can't find any!

Despite all the trash-talk Abercrombie gets, not only on Basenotes but in the rest of the world as well, I think Abercrombie has put out a few damn good scents. They are just so engrained with the whole "image" that the brand signifies, that it ruins it for some people (yourself and myself to some degree, right?).

Have you tried the Ezra Fitch yet? I was almost sold on that one for awhile too. Really nice bottle.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Blog Entries

I think Hollister Drift comes pretty close to Fierce, but I don't know if you'd want to buy anything from Hollister either, since it's A&F's sister company.

But, I think the frag that will fit the bill PERFECTLY for you would be Chanel's Platinum Egoiste. It's a bit on the pricey side, yes, but to me it smells like a classy version of Fierce.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Platinum Egoiste is the closest to Fierce you can get, but I think u should get Fierce anyway because u like it. U wont be happy with anything close to it. I hate A&F too but Fierce is a very good cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentronic View Post
    But if you really like the Abercrombie, I'd say go for it! Who cares about the brand...You love the scent! I've been collecting fragrances for almost 2 years now, and one of my "I'll never give it up" scents is Abercrombie Woods, which was extremely popular when I was in high school (ten years ago). I love the stuff and couldn't care less if someone thinks otherwise. Another gem that I'm still on the hunt for is Abercrombie Signature cologne. Same story, but I can't find any!

Despite all the trash-talk Abercrombie gets, not only on Basenotes but in the rest of the world as well, I think Abercrombie has put out a few damn good scents. They are just so engrained with the whole "image" that the brand signifies, that it ruins it for some people (yourself and myself to some degree, right?).
    You, sir, are a winner.

I read Heir is similar, is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by jdev View Post
    I read Heir is similar, is this true?

Yes, Heir is similar. In my opinion I think Heir is a lot better, it has a lot more sillage and longevity.
    Looking for Partial or Full Bottles Of:
    Silver Mountain Water
    Green Irish Tweed
    Scent of Peace

PM me please.

Fierce is the cologne sprayed in store.

No perfume really smells like Fierce but the closest perfume is probably Classic
    Source(s):
    I work at A&F
    Last edited by socalwoman; 1st December 2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: misleading link

Just get Fierce, why ? Because you like it and it smells good to you and supposedly to others around you.

At the end of the day what you seek to buy is a cologne that smells good. Whether it is made by Adidas or Abercrombie or Creed makes no difference in what you smell when you spray on the cologne after buying it. Selling yourself short and trying to substitute the fragrance is pointless if you can afford it and you like the actual scent.

Its hard to grasp the idea that people do not buy fragrances based on the company or brand that is marketing it. The scent most likely came from a random perfumer, but ANY company could have marketed the fragrance so why would that matter ? Would you buy a Creed/Bond 9 fragrance that smells 99.9% like Fierce, but cost 3-4 times more just because of the brand ?

I wouldn't. (Although I encourage the cheaper alternative if it is in fact identical)

Keep it simple, close your eyes then smell the fragrance. If you like it and you can afford it, buy it. Why ? Because after you spray the cologne, the scent is the only thing that you smell, not the company marketing the scent.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    I think Hollister Drift comes pretty close to Fierce, but I don't know if you'd want to buy anything from Hollister either, since it's A&F's sister company.

But, I think the frag that will fit the bill PERFECTLY for you would be Chanel's Platinum Egoiste. It's a bit on the pricey side, yes, but to me it smells like a classy version of Fierce.
    BULLS-EYE! The first time I tried Fierce I thought the same thing. I sprayed each arm to compare and they are very close. Platinum Egoiste is a little more "sparkley" on the top notes and lasts a little better.

If you like Fierce, buy it.

I just don't get it! PE smells like a very under spiced curry to me? I had a very very old bottle of it (from eBay) but I've also tried it from PCourt, nothing like A&F?

I get the Garrigue reference, but only in its nature, not in its notes!

Perhaps Conviction.

I would just buy Fierce if I was you. I own both Fierce and Platinum Egoiste and both are similar however they do have their differences. Platinum Egoiste is more "grown up" compared to the more "youthful" Fierce and I also perceive Platinum Egoiste to have more of a metallic-like hint to it that's hard to explain but I can't quite put my finger on it.

The way I look at it is that I would rather wear Fierce during the day and in a more casual setting at night whereas I see Platinum Egoiste as a perfect alternative for Fierce if you are going out for dinner or to a more formal event.