Code of Conduct

Default Trussardi Uomo = Polo Green?

so I bought TU blindly, as many people compared it Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme, a definite favorite of mine. I can totally see the comparisons between those two, but does anyone find that the Trussardi is VERY similar to Polo green? Not that this is a bad thing, at all, as I have always liked that RL scent (and as I've always maintained, its only downfall IMO were the blokes who drowned themselves in Polo back in my schoolday youth).
    Just curious if I'm not 'getting it,' as this is the time of year when I'm allergic to most everything that is blooming in colors outside.

Lightbulb Re: Trussardi Uomo = Polo Green?

I'd say these are in roughly the same genre, but within a certain group of scents I'm not sure they bear especial resemblance to each other. The comparison had never occurred to me, but I think I'll try to test them side by side next chance I get.

In general I think Trussardi is smoother and more leathery, with noticeable floral accents, and wood and spice notes more subdued than Polo's angular assault of pine, cumin, and coriander.
    Last edited by d4; 13th May 2007 at 03:56 AM.

Wink Re: Trussardi Uomo = Polo Green?

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    so I bought TU blindly, as many people compared it Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme, a definite favorite of mine. I can totally see the comparisons between those two, but does anyone find that the Trussardi is VERY similar to Polo green? Not that this is a bad thing, at all, as I have always liked that RL scent (and as I've always maintained, its only downfall IMO were the blokes who drowned themselves in Polo back in my schoolday youth).
    Just curious if I'm not 'getting it,' as this is the time of year when I'm allergic to most everything that is blooming in colors outside.
    I'm one of those blokes who took Polo baths in high school. I think that Trussardi Uomo is much more floral. Polo is great, but I will never go there again.

Default Re: Trussardi Uomo = Polo Green?

Both are as potent as it can get and old school but they're totally different!
    Trussardi is spicy at first, then turns to something thick, powdery, still spicy with some smoky.
    Polo, as the bottle suggests, is piney green, woody with some tobacco, but It's not powdery.