Code of Conduct

Default I'm craving oranges

So which is the most modern scent and not overly sweet among Hermes Eau D'Orange Vert, its concentre, and Clinique Happy? Or anything else that's better?

Default Re: I'm craving oranges

Calypso Homme is a warm, musky tangerine that wears "orangey" to me...

Mike

Blog Entries

Clinique Happy is my SOTD & one of my all-time faves! It's orangey with a hint of lime and fresh clean musk. And it really does make me smile every time I smell it!

Another good orange scent is Banana Republic M. That stuff is like STRAIGHT UP oranges!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

All those you mentioned enjoy a high reputation. Concentrée has a certain dirtyness to it that goes musty on me, which is why I dislike it and far prefer the traditional. Happy is a great one, too. None of these are sweet and longevity is a problem.
    Creed Orange Spice is a great Kouros-like orange scent, while Creed Néroli Sauvage is fresh with a musky base. When it comes to Néroli I would also suggest d'Orsay Etiquette Bleue as magic in summer, as well as Cologne Sologne by de Nicolai, a classic EdC with beautiful orange blossom notes, perfectly balanced, soft, but not sweet. And for a somewhat mindboggling one I'm personally still struggling with: L'Occitane L'Oranger Néroli EdP. Read the reviews.

btw.: The "celebrity" frag I'm still waiting for is "I am Curious Oranj" by Mark E. Smith.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Frederick Malle's Bigarade Concentree is an orange scent that I enjoy.

Hermes Eau d'Orange Vert, Hermes Eau des Merveilles, Creed Neroli Sauvage all get my approval. Neroli Sauvage has decent longevity for me, Eau des Merveilles I find extremely long lasting while being a light fragrance.

Bond No. 9's Little Italy comes to mind.

If you like dirty oranges, try:

Frederic Malle Bigarade Concentree

Bond No. 9 Little Italy
    -

Bond No. 9 Little Italy smells like rubbing yourself with orange peels IMO. It's perfect if orange is your thing.

Try FRIENDS by Moschino.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I'd say Happy for Men is the most modern with the aquatic note lingering in the background. My wife rather likes it and wears it more than I do. The women's version is a train wreck IMHO.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Just recieved Penhaligon's Castile and am still figuring it out, but how beautiful!

Incredibly fresh orange, orange blossom, orange flower, and neroli (with rose "folded in", as one reviewer put it)

You may have just prompted me to sell myself on my own fragrance! I can't figure out if its too floral for me, but with all that orange, it just might work.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Terre d'Hermès has a great orange note.
    So is Minotaure, but it's definitely very sweet!
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Wow, lots of great suggestions here. I'm also now intrigued by those recs on dirty oranges. Yummy!

If tangerine is close enough, Tangerine Vert by Miller/Harris is an excellent citrus fragrance. Its long lasting too.

I recommend Acqua di Parma's Blu Mediterraneo Arancia di Capri.
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    I was going to say that one myself. Penhaligon's Castile is more lemons that oranges to me.

Dont have much experience with concentre, but Happy and Eau d'Orange Vert are both glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    you read my mind. Everytime I'm in Nordstroms (or Saks or whoever carries AdP) I take a good long whiff of this. so delicious, it literally makes my mouth water. There's also another Blu Mediterraneo one, almonds I think, that smells absolutely delectable.

Clinique Happy is definitely the most modern, and I've yet to meet anyone who dislikes it. I've received a handful of compliments while wearing it. It starts off very "orangy," then dries down to a "clean" scent that reminds me of a dozen other modern fragrances. I prefer Eau d'Orange Vert. It's ultra classy (but the longevity is horrible).

I have to agree with the recommendations of Castile by Penhaligon's. I bought Racquets last weekend, and I've spent all week wishing I had bought Castile instead. It's insanely delicious, especially if you're a neroli (bergamot?) fan.
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Somewhat lower end, but still quite fun and tasty, is CK One Summer 2005, if you can find it around (I still occasionally see bottles of it). I was a huge fan of both the 2004 (lime) and 2005 (orange and grapefruit and tangerine and other citrus), but soured on 2006 and 2007 (synthetic and somewhat sour and some bum notes I don't care for). CK One Summer 2005 was an orange box and bottle, unfortunately very close to the orange box of 2007. Definitely would have to find 2005 at an outlet type of store.

While the Hermes Orange D'Verte is good, as is Laura B's Roma Uomo (which nobody mentioned!), I would have to say the #1 answer is Little Italy (Bond #9) which is pure oranges. Hope you like oranges...'cause that's what you're getting with Little Italy.

I also tried L'Artisan's Mandarin Tout Simplement at a counter. First impressions were good and you get a large bottle and atomizer with it. Very spring orangey. I might try that again.

Basenotes Institution

Bigarade Concentree (previously mentioned) I just tried today - this will cure any orange cravings for good. Quite amazing scent, and I love the bitter orange note and how it disappeared and reappeared all day on my skin. Minimalism at its best.

Boss In Motion or new D&G Light Blue PH.

Thumbs up Re: I'm craving oranges

Santa Maria Novella's Acqua di Sicilia is superior orange scent when it comes to summery and light ones. In my opinion it's so much better than the Hermes scents or Acqua di Parma's Arancia di Capri.

L'Anarchiste is another worth mentioning.

Totally forgot about Moschino Friends. Lots of oranges( tangerines,lemons etc. ) + musk

If you like a more dated scent, and like (bitter) orange+vanilla, go for Guerlain's Habit Rouge.