Code of Conduct

Default At long last - Morrissey's scents revealed

I've pondered this for years. What does Morrissey wear on his skin? A few people on Morrissey forums have commented that Mozzer wears Gucci PH, Aqua di Parma, and C&S No.88. Some people even saw his roadies spraying the stage with Gucci PH before a recent show. I've never smelled No. 88 but Gucci PH & Aqua di Parma are pure class. Did I expect anything less?
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Default Re: At long last - Morrissey's scents revealed

wow, i don't know how i feel about this level of de-mystification! lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
    wow, i don't know how i feel about this level of de-mystification! lol
    What difference does it make?

Quote Originally Posted by Latch35 View Post
    What difference does it make?
    Such a little thing makes such a big difference

Basenotes Institution

Love the Moz references guys...I have this visual picture of Morrissey instructing his staff to spray the stage with Gucci Pour Homme and it's hilarious.

This Charming Man, indeed.

First, the opening post does not deliver what the thread title promises.

Second, I have previously posted that he wears C&S No. 88. At least he does on tour. At least he did on his last tour.

I have pictures I found on the Net of Morrissey schlepping AdP bags around London. It was some newsprint tabloid. I think he dropped a couple names in the UK Vanity Fair. If you look around through message boards, you can find this stuff. I have also read (articles and message boards) that he likes CDG's Incense series, but I don't know which ones. I also read that someone who caught his shirt at a show detected Dolce & Gabbana BY Men on it. They detected the prominent lavender notes. I know he likes a lot of Gucci clothing. He seems to go for English or Italian stuff. The 88 was news to me...I thought it was the OzzMan's fave, not the MozMan's. Both I guess.

Personally, I wore Ouarzazate last Friday when I saw him at the Orpheum. I have been planning what I'll wear when I see him on Tues. and Weds. this week. So that's MY life.

I'm going to see him next week and I have no idea what I'm going to wear. Last time, I wore Passage D'Enfer. This time who knows?

Anybody heard his latest B-side called "Christian Dior?" There's something in it about fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I'm going to see him next week and I have no idea what I'm going to wear. Last time, I wore Passage D'Enfer. This time who knows?

Anybody heard his latest B-side called "Christian Dior?" There's something in it about fragrances.
    Well, I wore Opium de Orient last night to Moz's Chicago show. Seemed to work out well.

I have heard the Christion Dior song. It's pretty forgettable. Don't remember any lyric alluding to fragrance but I will listen to it again.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    First, the opening post does not deliver what the thread title promises.
    Well, it was a revelation to me. I can remember a thread from last year where a few members including myself who had pondered the same question and nobody posted anything confirming his scents.
    Last edited by manicboy; 16th May 2007 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976