Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Comparisons. Help please.

Well, yes I'm new, but am starting to get out of the country and work in the city. Oil, grease and gasoline just don't cut it anymore for everyday wear. Anyway, I've found a few colognes that I really like and was wondering if there are scents similar to them, but not the same only marked differently.

1.) Gucci Pour Homme = I will continue purchasing this because of it's unique smell (atleast to me).Just wondering if anyone else likes this type of smell and has sampled anything relatively close that they personally prefer.

2.) Armani Code = Love the scent, but would much rather spend a bit less. A tad pricey for me to continue purchasing when I plan to have about 10 scents to mix and match.

3.) Burberry Brit = I love the smell of this, but it seems a bit too...powdery? I mean, I like the scent in the bottle, but not on me. Haven't had any negative remarks though from it, only positive from a few ladies as I'm a single father and they pretty much assumed that it was baby powder.

My main goal is to find a few "manly" scents similar to Gucci Pour Homme. Something that is powerful, has some longetivity (which Gucci Pour Homme doesn't have), and a woodsy/leather scent. Don't know if I've described enough to let yall make accurate suggestions, but I appreciate the thought and opinions anyone throws out here for me.

Thank you in advance,
    Mike

Default Re: Comparisons. Help please.

Hi Mike,

I have both Gucci PH & Tommy Bahama. They are VERY similar. To me Gucci is a little too smokey/incensey, while Tommy offsets the smoke with a soft fruity/spicy edge. Tommy Bahama lasts much longer on me and it's drydown is very sweet as opposed to the smokey drydown of Gucci. Hope the information is helpful. Good luck...

Mike

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Q View Post
    Hi Mike,

I have both Gucci PH & Tommy Bahama. They are VERY similar. To me Gucci is a little too smokey/incensey, while Tommy offsets the smoke with a soft fruity/spicy edge. Tommy Bahama lasts much longer on me and it's drydown is very sweet as opposed to the smokey drydown of Gucci. Hope the information is helpful. Good luck...

Mike
    Very much so. Thank you. I'll deffinately look into it. I guess I'm just a country boy and love the woodsy/smoke smell. Reminds me of camp fires and lots of whiskey. Thank you again for the advice and knowledge.

Sounds like Creed's Bois du Portugal would be right down your alley. The finest smoky wood around. Powerful and extremely lasting. I'm sure you'd also enjoy Baie de Genievre, a wonderful, outdoorsy, masculine juniper scent. High priced at retail, but easy to get off the net for much less in the US. Or try to get decants first.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Call me crazy but I tried this one and loved it and if your looking for a Smokey Bluesy boozy, suede leathery smell..a great cool weather, winter as well, scent; then try Michael for men.
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Banned

Well, I'm going to purchase Tommy Bahama and look into Michael for Men. My main reason for this post is to find the best price available for Creed products. I see them online @ 65ish for 1 oz bottles, but was wondering if there is any place a bit cheaper that is reliable. The creed ones I'm interested in are; BdP, Green Irish Tweed, Royal English Leather, Orange Spice & Original Santal. As said in my original post, I want something that is quite manly and appealing. Not much of a super fruity scent type of person, but I still may make the exception to try Orange Spice even if it has such characteristics.

Please let me know. It's greatly appreciated.

Scentiments.com has a large selection of Creeds for great prices. I've never purchased from their but know people who have and they have recieved good products.

If you want to test them out because they are so expensive you should check out Nieman Marcus. They have a Creed counter at most, or all of the ones I have been to. Who knows, you might find something new you like...

I think what you are looking for is Bois Du Portugal & GIT.Both excellent scents.

If you like Gucci PH, also try to get the opportunity to test Comme des Garçons - Kyoto and Christian Lacroix Tumulte pour homme. These are also somewhat special and atleast in my opinion they share some characteristics with Gucci PH.
    Arte et labore

You might want to give Versace's Green Jeans a try. It reminds me of Gucci PH in that it is dry wood, the kind that could burn your nose off if you get too close to it. It is also very masculine and reminiscent for many of the well-forested Pacific Northwest (in which I see you reside). It is green, as the name implies, but to my nose also red. Probably because the dominant note is Red Pine. Even though it is discontinued, Green Jeans is still widely available both from perfumeries and on eBay. In fact, ScentMonkey.com still sells samples of it as well.

Good luck on your quest!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kailash View Post
    You might want to give Versace's Green Jeans a try. It reminds me of Gucci PH in that it is dry wood, the kind that could burn your nose off if you get too close to it. It is also very masculine and reminiscent for many of the well-forested Pacific Northwest (in which I see you reside). It is green, as the name implies, but to my nose also red. Probably because the dominant note is Red Pine. Even though it is discontinued, Green Jeans is still widely available both from perfumeries and on eBay. In fact, ScentMonkey.com still sells samples of it as well.

Good luck on your quest!
    Thank you very much. I will deff pick up a sample. I'm probably gonna drop a couple hundred here in a week or two, get a bunch of samples and some Creed scents. Yall have been a lot of help. Glad I found this site.