Code of Conduct

Default Fiori de Capri alikes...?

My wife fell in love with the scent while visiting Capri last Summer - any suggestions on similar mediterranean florals that I could surprise her with (Mother's Day so close upon me, would love to get some ideas from anyone out there that are not hard to find...).

Default Re: Fiori de Capri alikes...?

Welcomewelcome Beauscent!! Our very own Quarry made a comparison to Guerlain's Terracotta Voile d'Ete in the BN Directory reviews. Others have said the other white florals are similar - my personal favorites in this category would be Ava Luxe's Lily and Lotus. Samples are inexpensive - check out her site!! www.ava-luxe.com
    Last edited by TaoLady; 7th May 2007 at 11:15 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Beauscent View Post
    My wife fell in love with the scent while visiting Capri last Summer - any suggestions on similar mediterranean florals that I could surprise her with (Mother's Day so close upon me, would love to get some ideas from anyone out there that are not hard to find...).
    Hi Beauscent,

Welcome to Basenotes .

Are you asking this question because you think that Fiori de Capri is hard to find in the United States?

Or are you just looking for something similar ?
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

try Carthusia Mediterranean or you know ilove numero uno also

Smile Re: Fiori de Capri alikes...?

Okay - to answer a few of the questions....I was hoping to find something else not from the Carthusia line....(I love their scents, especially after visiting Capri....the air on a warm humid day in Capri smells exactly like an ever evolving melange of all their perfumes). Absolutely fell in love with all that is the island of Capri.

Anyway, I went to hunt something down yesterday and could not find Numero Uno (wanted that for myself) and looked at Barney's, Nordstrom's Neimann's, etc. but became so overwhelmed that I had to run away to rest and regroup! So....I guess I am asking for help so I can assemble a nice little gifty thing from my little boys (ages 8,6 and 4) for Mom - and I think my window of opportunity is closing......

I was looking for suggestions along the lines of something I could pick up at Sephora or a department store or even TJ Maxx etc. and hopefully not spend a lot of money, because I already have a couple things to give her - just an outside shot at having some fun with the children and Mommy......does this make any scents, er....sense?!

Hello everyone!! I thought I'd give an update on what happened with the Mother's Day search.....

Well, turns out I found a nice little bottle of Guerlain's Champs Elysees for sale and it really turned out to be quite a find - a beautiful floral, perfect for the spring and going into summertime. While different from Fiori de Capri it has something to it that works equally well with my wife's chemistry - enough so that she is actually wearing it and everyone is enjoying her wearing it! Just an fyi....

Quote Originally Posted by Beauscent View Post
    Hello everyone!! I thought I'd give an update on what happened with the Mother's Day search.....

Well, turns out I found a nice little bottle of Guerlain's Champs Elysees for sale and it really turned out to be quite a find - a beautiful floral, perfect for the spring and going into summertime. While different from Fiori de Capri it has something to it that works equally well with my wife's chemistry - enough so that she is actually wearing it and everyone is enjoying her wearing it! Just an fyi....
    Many thanks for the update, Beauscent (we don't always remember to do this!) And speaking as a Mom and a CE fanatic - I must say I couldn't be happier for both of you!! (And Turin be damned!! )
    Last edited by TaoLady; 17th May 2007 at 06:19 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Lovely man-
    Good for you !
    I'm a big fan of Aria Di Capri, myself...
    It feels like a Sortilege-type chypre of stunning beauty.
    Maybe, next time?
    Give it a sniff...