Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SotD Thursday 17th May

Woo, back online thank goodness!

I'm testing Ava Luxe Amber Essence today.

Default Re: SotD Thursday 17th May

Guerlain Coriolan
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

On line again! Great work, webmasters!

Have a great 17th May, all norwegian BN:s! :wave:

SotD: Trussardi Inside for Woman EdP. Sampling. Quite nice. The notes from osMoz are:

Top: Bergamot, Nut Leaf, Rose-Bay
    Heart: Coffee, Freesia, Heliotrope
    Base: Teak, Amber, Musk

I guess this is a gourmand. I like the coffee and the teak notes. The fragance don´t turn into caramell on my skin, as other gourmads easily do. I am a sweety-skinner, and everything becomes sweet on me, if it can.
    Last edited by Margareta; 17th May 2007 at 05:56 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

soda - cdg
    Wishlist is pointless.

Living dangerous Perfume allergy? HAH.

So, Encens & Lavande, Amber and Lavender and.....Jicky

I must be smelling like the Last of the Flower Power Children

Yeah, baby. The things we do for love
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo, BN web team for getting us back online!

Wearing my one and only layering creation today:

Annick Goutal's Le Chevrefeuille with The Thyme's Ginger Milk.

The light, sweet honeysuckle gets a nice zingy balance from the ginger, and the Ginger Milk's cucumber and vanilla notes blend the whole thing nicely on my skin. Love it in spring!
    Last edited by ComDiva; 17th May 2007 at 11:58 AM.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Post Thanks / Like

Jean Couturier Coriandre EdT. Nice to see everybody again and have a terrific Thursday!

Welcome back Basenotes - had me worried this morning!

I am finally sampling Angelique Encens. I've waited ages for this and thankfully I now have a decant thanks to Peppermint Patty. Lots of other beauties to try in the coming days/weeks.

Angelique Encens is lovely but I'm not sure if I'm in love with it. Sometimes it takes a while for perfumes to grow on me, and this is affection at first smell rather than all-out love.

A vial of SL's Un Lys had broken in the post, and the smell pervaded the whole package as you can imagine. The liquid had already dispappeared by the time I opened the package, but not before soaking eveyrything with pungeant fragrance. Consequently my room smells better than I do. If it smells as good as this on skin rather than just packaging, I need to send for more.

Post Thanks / Like

(Falls gasping into the arms of BN) Let's hear it for the Webmaster!! Was jonesing there for a while.

In a hurry with Caron's Parfum Sacre:

Top note : Lemon, Pepper, Mace, Cardamom
    Middle note : Orange Blossom, Rose, Jasmine, Rosewood
    Base note : Vanilla, Myrrh, Civet, Cedarwood

I love Carons - they are so soignee - my still-in-training nose rarely picks out a single note. This beauty is no exception. Smooth dry down and excellent sillage.

Later ladies!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hanae Mori's Magical Moon for me today. On such cold days, incense scents are warm and comforting.

BN better than ever
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Michael Storer's Genvieve

Official notes: (T) Damask rose, green tea, muguet, rhubarb, ambrette seed; (M) Bulgarian rose, raspberry, peach, ylang-ylang, mimosa absolute, jasmine absolute, violet leaf; (B) angelica root, tolu balsam, ambergris, musk, tonka bean absolute, sandalwood, civet.

Hmmm. Above all, I just get pepper, pepper and more pepper. ????
    Monarch butterflies require milkweed to prevent extinction

Big temperature drop today! Samsara for me. I ordered the EDP but was sent the EDT and since I'm just too lazy to send it back I asked for store credit.

Post Thanks / Like

BIG Thank you to the engineers and technies fixing this temporary blackout.
    My friend finally handed over the Black Aoud from the Montale's Vendome shop last night. I treated him a nice dinner for that
    Wearing Black Aoud today... it is amazing!

I was worried when was I saw the site down...so happy it is back up, whew!

Today, I'm getting together with friends for a lunch out and a walk through the Doris Duke estate.

I will be wearing MPG Soie Rouge

:wave:Great to be back on-line!:wave:

Wearing Sous le Vent today -- I really love the green opening of this one. It dries to a wonderfully refined leather.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Whew! Back on line.
    Testing again today with Femenite du Bois and Attrape Couer (Thanks again dimps) The AC is gorgeous. I just wish it was more readily available!
    Last edited by spicegirl; 17th May 2007 at 03:50 PM.
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Armani Attitude......Gary

SO glad that we're back in business...
    Nice to see you folks.

Musc Ravageur today- if I can't eat it, I'll WEAR it..
    Or, maybe, I'll eat it AND wear it.
    What the hell.

Carpe diem,. folks !
    [Check your mailbox, Diva...goodies should be arriving SOON !]

Yay! I'm glad to see everyone.

I'm wearing Guerlain Vega today.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mixing it up today. Molton Brown's Black Pepper body wash got me feeling peppery today. I applied some Palmer's cocoa butter, several spritzes of L'Artisan's Poivre Piquant, and two light spritzes of Saffron Troublant. My husband loves it!
    And he whose soul is flat -- the sky
    Will cave in on him by and by.

—from "Renascence" by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Post Thanks / Like

Hypnotic Poison

SotE: Aigner Black EdP by Etienne Aigner.

Haven´t found any notes. It is a german perfume, my first one. It is black, dry and with some sillage. It reminds me of Prada, but is more gentle, still has much more sillage compared to Prada Tendre. - Suitable for a cold eve of spring, IMO.

Not a single norwegian BN:s here today... Well, I guess they all are out celebrating their 17th May
    Last edited by Margareta; 17th May 2007 at 06:06 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Michael Storer's Genvieve

Official notes: (T) Damask rose, green tea, muguet, rhubarb, ambrette seed; (M) Bulgarian rose, raspberry, peach, ylang-ylang, mimosa absolute, jasmine absolute, violet leaf; (B) angelica root, tolu balsam, ambergris, musk, tonka bean absolute, sandalwood, civet.

Hmmm. Above all, I just get pepper, pepper and more pepper. ????
    You poor youngun's!! Shycat had the same reaction...only she got at least a whiff of real gardenia at the start. And all I get is gardenia with a bit of the jasmine and roses. I think it's my age - honest!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I am testing out Santa Maria Novella Hay (Fieno), and it's interesting. It starts out with the scent of...dryness...and of green grass - like the description of hay. Now it is just mildly spicey and pleasant.

Sestra - sorry about the broken vial. I had two packages arrive this week with leaky vials, there must be a logical explanation - like goblins.

How good to see BN is back

Carrying on with my leather obsession, I am wearing Cuir Mauresque today. But I will continue testing my Neil Morris samples in the weekend!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

D&G Sicily for me today.
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Post Thanks / Like

wearing chanel no. 18 today. it is said to have ambrette seed, but i don't know what that smells like. i have a cold, so i can't detect the notes very well. but it smells good? floral? lol. sorry to be so vague.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail View Post

Sestra - sorry about the broken vial. I had two packages arrive this week with leaky vials, there must be a logical explanation - like goblins.
    The packaging wasn't strong enough in my case. Sorry for you if your beloveds have vanished in the ether. I miss the chance to put some on my skin, but otherwise it was a blessing in disguise. I have kept the packaging and it makes the whole vicinity smell utterly divine. Good old Un Lys.

My SotE is another divine discovery - Messe de Minuit. Where has this been all my life? Well, in an earlier life it was right there all along, and this is the first time (yes, really) that any perfume has reminded me of a childhood smell. I spent a long time with sensory deprivation then along came Catholic Benediction and incense. And here it is again, and to my profound surprise a memory is a welcome intruder. And even if that were not so, this perfume would still transport me to another time and place of the imagination, always much more important than mere memories. Messe de Minuit is glorious. I have read people saying that this is almost unwearable, and my response is - how can you NOT wear this?

Post Thanks / Like

Now I've been to the gym, come back and had a bath, I'm trying Ava Luxe Oude on one wrist and Kretek on the other. Kretek was a freebie. Oude I ordered simply to educate myself because I didn't know what oude smelled like. I can imagine it would be wonderful blended with something else, but I wouldn't wear it on its own.

Post Thanks / Like

Creative Scentualization Perfect Veil

Youth Dew Amber Nude arrived today Yumsters!

Glad to see us back online after a long day at work, it was hard not to tell anyone what I was wearing today (pant pant pant)

So anyway, today I wore Samsara on belly and forearms and Daim Blond on throat and shoulders and backs of knees.

It's so hard to spritz just one.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

Off to Tai Chi in Ava Luxe Nude Musk. Will report!!

sooo cold i am spraying on nuits de noho to warm up

Maroussia this evening. This one is very heavy duty

Sweet Oriental Dream

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful day here today and a lot of time spent in the garden. My peonies are about to bloom. I can't wait. Wearing Etro Heliotrope and Le Heure Bleu layered.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krysia View Post
    Beautiful day here today and a lot of time spent in the garden. My peonies are about to bloom. I can't wait. Wearing Etro Heliotrope and Le Heure Bleu layered.
    ooohhh I bet that is a good combo ...

I'm still on vacation, doing some work around the house. Today I tested a few things, but nothing made the lust-list. Tonight, we went to our River Festival Cajun Food Fest ... I'm wearing Chergui.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

SotE: Kingdom - soft salty floral drydown. yum
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Talking Re: SotD Thursday 17th May

Got my Fresh Pink Jasmine wonderful delightful fragrance, Put it on as soon as it arrived at door. And compliments. Good job Fresh ,This is my first Fresh fragrance, I smelled it at our new Sephora but got it from Beauty.com no tax free shipping and no horrid busy mall.
    --------------------------------------
    Youth Dew Amber Nude is great and long lasting, A really good fragrance, Enjoy
    Last edited by perfumegirl; 18th May 2007 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    ooohhh I bet that is a good combo ...

<snip> .
    Yes, LHeure Bleu and Heliotrope are really good together. The Heliotrope is kinda too sweet by itself and the L Heure Bleu is edgy (beautiful but something I might not wear very often). So when I put them together I get it just right.

INWAP

Post Thanks / Like

Davidoff Relax

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I wore Narciso Rodriguez edt.Even though it was our national day I was working.Lots of stress and ended up in a huge migraine But today I feel better

Sorry, wrote here by misstake!
    Last edited by Margareta; 18th May 2007 at 05:18 PM.