Code of Conduct

Default Dunhill EDITION now distributed by Scannon?

I recently came across a stash of Dunhill EDITION at a discount perfume place and was about to pounce but, while it looked like the real thing, the box and bottle said that it was distributed by Scannon, Rue Francois 1ere. I know that P&G makes the newer Dunhill frags, but I didn't know about Dunhill '34 and EDITION--have they been spun off? I checked my bottles at home and they simply say Dunhill London on the bottom. Anyone know what the deal is?

Default Re: Dunhill EDITION now distributed by Scannon?

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    I recently came across a stash of Dunhill EDITION at a discount perfume place and was about to pounce but, while it looked like the real thing, the box and bottle said that it was distributed by Scannon, Rue Francois 1ere. I know that P&G makes the newer Dunhill frags, but I didn't know about Dunhill '34 and EDITION--have they been spun off? I checked my bottles at home and they simply say Dunhill London on the bottom. Anyone know what the deal is?
    Scannon was Wella's perfumes division, but after Procter & Gamble acqured Wella, Scannon is now the French manufacturing arm of P&G Prestige Beaute. Likewise, I saw the same thing on a sample of Gucci Pour Homme II. So, there's no reason to worry.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Dunhill Edition i love that fragrance unfortunately dear other does not

Yes, this one's crossed my mind a little lately (I used to have a few minis)...the nutmeg, bit of sage...I guess I didn't buy a big bottle 'cause either it was a bit too conservative for me or dated...but nevertheless, a classic...maybe I'll get some sometime soon.

I'd forgotten I posted on this thread. I recently bought some of this 1984 creation and am wearing it today for the first time in 2 or 3 years. I like the way the cool darkness of the nutmeg and other spice balances the warmth and dryness of the sage, and some of the woody base comes through. Usually I object to sage in scents, but in this one, I think it's balanced perfectly. And the nutmeg is a central note but not overwhelming. Yes, it's a touch formal, perhaps a touch dated, but definitely manly and classy, and it fits well for me, being in my late 40s. I'm positive Edition is in the "Classics" thread somewhere! 3 sprays and 5 hours later, it's still coming through.