Code of Conduct

Default Classic French 'Eau Fraiches' and American 'New Fraicheur'

I read a Dutch article about classic French 'eau fraiches' (Dior's Eau Sauvage, Chanel's Eau pour Monsieur, YSL, followed by Monsieur Balmain, Armani Eau pour homme, Dunhill Edition) in contrast with the new generation of American fresh fragrances 'new fraicheur' (CK Eternity, Davidoff's 'Cool water' and Aramis 'New West")

The article, obviously not a recent one, states that these 'new' fresh scents are one noted, synthetical, aggressive and smell identical on every skin - with definite a lack of individuality.
    According to the article the sales of classic French fragrances are very low in the US, because the avarage American wants 'value for money', he wants a fragrance with lots of sillage and longetivity, he doesn't care for the French natural subtleties.
    In French the sales of these 'new fraicheur' scents are low, because they don't fancy the artificial and aggressive American fragrances.

The writer is definitely biased, but was/is this true?
    In my experience many newer, ozonic scents aren't particularly aggressive, rather pleasant and non-obtrusive, whereas many older perfums, Armani for instance makes me wanna cough.
    And a good longetivity is something I like in a scent as well.
    (that said, I do not own one single American fragrance and I recently ordered YSL Live Jazz instead of DKNY for men...)
    Last edited by nout; 18th May 2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: changed "Frech" in "French"