Code of Conduct

Default Best place for to buy perfumes in Manhattan?

I will go to New York some days more and I want to know some cool places for to buy fragances. Nice and cheap please....Tips....lol

Thanks guys!

Default Re: Best place for to buy perfumes in Manhattan?

Nice and cheap in Manhattan? Good luck.
    The best shops are Aedes Christopher Street between Greenwich Ave and 7th Ave, Barneys on Madison and 60th Street, Bergdorf Goodman 5th Ave and 57th Street, Takashimaya 5th Ave and 54 Street, Henri Bendel 5th Ave and 55 St, Bigelows pharmacy 6th Ave between 8th and 9th Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Nice and cheap in Manhattan? Good luck.
    The best shops are Aedes Christopher Street between Greenwich Ave and 7th Ave, Barneys on Madison and 60th Street, Bergdorf Goodman 5th Ave and 57th Street, Takashimaya 5th Ave and 54 Street, Henri Bendel 5th Ave and 55 St, Bigelows pharmacy 6th Ave between 8th and 9th Street.
    These places are not cheap but they are the best and have the best. You will find a lot of great stuff though. Especially at Aedes, you will be able to aquire a large amount of samples for your testing pleasure.

Madison Avenue Perfumes or is it Chemists [?], at 45th and Mad, near the Art of Shaving and Paul Stuart. They have a lot of good stuff at reduced prices. Not totally comprehensive by excellent choices.

Joe

I think that's Cambridge Chemists you're thinking of. They're also right down the street from the Penhaligon's store. And even if you don't plan to buy anything from Penhaligon's you should stop in there anyway. The sales associates are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, you'll get a free chance to sniff every scent they make if you want, and they'll probably send you on your way with samples of your three or four favorites to try before you even think about buying.

in fact, the lady I spoke with in there said "oh heavens, don't buy anything today - here, take these to try out first. We'll send you a catalog later on."

Oh she also told me I narrowly missed meeting Tim Robbins when he stopped in for a bottle of Blenheim bouquet about 45 minutes before I got there.
    Last edited by TromboneGuy; 19th May 2007 at 03:52 AM.
    - E.J.