Code of Conduct

Default Rochas man is the overall best sweet frag I've tried

Is it just me, or is this one great sweet fragrance? It's not sickly sweet...it has this fresh cut grass note to it that keeps in balanced. it's not pure sugar or cotton candy, it's balanced. it's not too feminine, yet it doesn't give a manly masculine vibe either. It's just right!

I recently found out i have a sweet tooth. so i took my g/f along with me to go sweet frag testing. she hated or thought some were OKAY. some we tested were hane mori (spelling sorry), joop, blue sugar, candies, ect...

rochas hits it right on the spot. sweet, balanced, appealing, mouth watering, mysterious, fresh, young, happy.

i love it. especially as a night time/romantic fragrance

Default Re: Rochas man is the overall best sweet frag I've tried

well, in my case, this is one of those fragances that make me totally sick... i cant stand the coffe/woody-strong oriental base... if i smell it, sure i have the worst headache in a month... the longevity is one of the best i know, is a great fragance, but this kind of smell arent for me...

anyway enjoy it

I like the topnotes of Rochas Man, but to me the drydown gets flat and syrupy. I much prefer A*men, which stays "alive" and interesting throughout the entire duration IMO.

I totally love Rochas Man and agree with your assessment. I find it to be smoother and more refined than Angel Men, which ironically, gives me headaches.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I much prefer Hanae Mori HM, in the sweet catagory. There was at least one complaint
    about HM on here though, calling it Cap'n Crunch.

The coffee-lavender-sweet accord in the drydown doesn't do it for me in Rochas Man.

Rochas Man makes me sick like many ultra-sweet fragrances. Although I have to agree, that the composition is interesting and rather complex. Considering this, it's strange, that A*Men works very well on me, patchouli and tar balances the sweetness somewhat I guess.

A*Men is 10 times better (IMO). Depending on how far away you spray it and how much you put on, it gives you a different scent, this stuff is phenominal... In fact it's my scent of the day

A*Men smells like candy baby powder.

I like this much better than Amen and slightly better than HM!

Great stuff and a consitant compliment getter.
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 20th May 2007 at 07:01 PM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Hooray for the OP. I have Rochas Man myself and I really do like it.
    I also like A*Men and New Haarlem and B*Men and HM. I don't know if I'd go so far as to say which of those are my favorites "sweet" frags, but I do know that in the gourman category, I can't stand Ava Luxe's product--I've forgotten the name now, that's how much I can't stand it.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Sorry I have to disagree with some here : (

This scent is really nothing in my book to write home about. Its sweet sticky and really has no direction on where its going. It is like Rochas group just felt like jumping on the Angel Men/HM bandwagon without putting much thought into their product.

I can see how it failed in department store sales and now can only be found at ebay and perfumania stores.

How do you like it compared to Body Kouros?

Quote Originally Posted by deeablow View Post
    How do you like it compared to Body Kouros?
    Body Kouros has this annoying bug spray like scent. I will never understand why so many people like it. HM is a great scent but I think rochas man better. Plus its less expensive.

Don't like:
    A*Men.
    Do like:
    BK,
    RM,
    HM.

What the hell is "candy baby powder", and why are you eating it?
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by rippaman77 View Post
    Body Kouros has this annoying bug spray like scent. I will never understand why so many people like it. HM is a great scent but I think rochas man better. Plus its less expensive.
    I returned BK because it kinda had that quality to it. it wasnt terrible, but Rochas just seems more complex and stronger, in my opinion.
    Last edited by G Man; 22nd May 2007 at 04:24 AM.

I really like Rochas man i like it way better than angel man Rochas gets a 10 in my book

Blog Entries

I tend to like sweeter frags as well. I'm getting a sample of Rochas Man soon & I'm looking forward to trying it. As for my own personal favorite sweet frag, the honor goes to Lolita Lempicka au masculin.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Hi CJ.

I don't know if I'd classify Lempicka's au masculin as sweet. To me, it's got more than a hint of arid licorice, if that makes sense. I'll have to try it again; my wife loves it though!
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Cool Re: Rochas man is the overall best sweet frag I've tried

Well, I'm in the minority, but I agree with G Man.

Perhaps some confusion may be caused by the term 'best sweet frag' since then I'd have to include masterpieces like Roma, Bulgari Black, Jaipur, Zino etc.

Not to mention Joop! and---never mind, I just ate.

I believe we're talking about coffee/chocolate gourmand, hence all the comparisons to A*Men and H.M.

( There's a chocolate note allegedly hidden in Lolita Lempicka's au Masculin but the aniseed stops lt cold, so I can't swear to it.)

I believe I began my review if Hanae Mori by calling it "A hyped dumbass oriental gourmand." and my review of A*men was less kind.

Rochas Man is not earth shattering. Only a B+ perhaps? But it gets the job done. The only other cofee/chocolate that smelled better to me was Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe, but that one vanished in 30 min, so Rochas Man it is.

Glad we all have different loves and hates in perfumery.

Respecfully,

Mario.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.