Code of Conduct

Thread: Zino - Davidoff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zino - Davidoff

Hello to all interested ,, I recently picked up a bottle of Zino .... Ok, I sprayed a squirt on each wrist & my first impressions were really vety very goood ...sweet but oh so nice ! but a headache soon followed hmmmm i began to wonder hoping it was just a coincidence . I let it sit for a few days then tried it again , this time sharing only one squirt again a headache followed soon after ! Damn the worst case scenario had occured ... this stuff is so nice - sweet & addictive but it reacts like nerve gas to me .
    Has anyone had the same problem ?
    Is their a similiar EDT out their like Zino ?

Default Re: Zino - Davidoff

That sucks Dimitros - I don't get a headache, but it does tend to irritate my throat if I wear it for more than a day or two in a row. It's one of my favourites too, Unfortunately I don't know of anything like it. Some people here have compared it to Davidoff's Relax though, but I've never tried it. It has also been compared to Salvadore Dali Pour Homme, but IT'S NOT TRUE!! They're both dark, and have a ton of different spices and notes, and that's all they have in common.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

I've never had that problem, but then again I never wear Zino more than one day in a row.

For something similar definitely try Heritage, by Guerlain.

Dimitrios,
    You may have an allergy to an element in Zino. I have an allergy to something in Obsession - I get a headache when I wear it, too bad it is quite nice. Also if I am wearing a little too much of something I might get a headache... it might happen on something deceptively innocuous like Open - Roger & Gallet.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Aren't alot of people allergic to bergamot? That's in Zino - somewhere in that crazy mess!
    Last edited by GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR; 19th May 2007 at 03:36 PM.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar experience with Live Jazz. It caused some strange allergic reaction on my skin (it gets red and burns). Fortunately, this is the only fragrance by now that caused skin irritation.
    Zino is an excellent fragrance, but a heavy one - one spray too much and it turns to a cloying frag monster.
    If even one spray gets you a headache, it may be better to look for a substitute. C&S Cuba isn't really a Zino twin, but it's also constructed around a Bergamot / Tobacco theme and could be worth a try.
    Last edited by Gerald; 21st May 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I find Zino a fascinating fragrance, but I really have to be in the right mood to wear it.
    I have the same issue with Egoiste. When one note is too predominant it can get on your nerves.

For me what's weird with Zino is that even if it's heavy and strong, it smells 10 times better in warm weather than in cold. Half the notes don't come out in cold weather, and it smells thin. In warm weather it's quite glorious.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the feedback guys I live in hope as it may not react like this in heavy winter,, Im going to do some sniffing of some essential oils I have and see if it is the Bergamot or any of the other ingredients in this elixir is the culprit
    (( Any hints on identifying would be helpful ))
    Im confident I may someday wear this candy again !! cheers ...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Dimitrios!

I am sorry to hear of your difficulties with Zino Davidoff! There are so many different notes in this fragrance that it is tough to say which one is the offender. Muguet is the french word for Lily of the Valley, and this note can have sensitizing properties. Some people have also found both clary sage and patchouli to be noxious.

Early on in my Basenotes experience Zino Davidoff was my #1 scent! However, it has been subjected to a withering barrage of challengers in the past several years, though it remains a frequent top-10 candidate. Your post reminds me that I have a long-forgotten fragrance godchild, Zino Davidoff, and I must get reaquainted. The post suggesting that this should be worn in summer gives me courage to give it a try during these warmer months.

By the way, if anyone's interesting I'm offloading about 175mL of Zino body lotion. Makes the whole Zino experience last longer and broadens it a bit. I find I'm not wearing Zino every day like I used to so I can do without the lotion.
    CAESAR SEEKS:

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread

Heritage in its EdP form is somewhat similar to Zino. Nothing else comes this close.

Post Thanks / Like

I never got a headache for the first few months that I owned it before trading it, but I will say that I didn't like the fragrance, so I guess that's a similar problem. This site's reviews generally rave about it, but I just don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried it again after a week or so .... so nice !! ... so far so good no raging headaches .

A Site For Sore Eyes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Zino - Davidoff

Zino is currently in my "Top 5". I enjoy wearing it and do so about once or twice a month, but will pick up that pace as summer advances. No problem with any adverse reaction to it either.
    Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me
    Like days of old. Lighting the spark of love that fills me
    with dreams untold..--Twilight Time

Post Thanks / Like

SIX MONTHS LATER ...... Well I have worn Zino now on over a dozen accoasions since starting this thread ,, Spanning late Autumn thru Winter & onto early Summer and can say that the inital raging headaches never returned ,, I look forward to wearing it thru the blazing hot summer here downunder and reporting back again ,, I figure the key with this monster is application , as a little projects a long way & it lasts ridiculously long !! .. love it dearly .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, and I'm glad to hear of the great outcome!