Code of Conduct

Smile Fragrance itinerary for a week in Paris?

I get to spend a week in Paris and am looking for places to go for fragrance investigations? Where can I find the good stuff? I know there are many Serge Lutens fragrances only available in France; but what other fragrance showrooms, boutiques or fragrant hidden places should I search out and fit into my walking tour of the City of Lights? Where to go for fragrance while in Paris?

Default Re: Fragrance itinerary for a week in Paris?

If I were going to Paris I'd:

-buy the perfume bee's e-book. ($10?). A three-day tour of Paris's perfume stores. Her book was mentioned on basenotes home. I highly recommend it.
    -also check out her blog (theperfumebee). she occasionally mentions new places to get perfume (evody to primtemp)
    -I'd also hit designer's boutiques like Olivier Strelli and Barbara Bui. Also would try to find if James Heeley*** has a studio in Paris (crazy and obsessed w/ his Menthe). I'd also pop-in to Colette Boutique** to see what they have (also a big fan of Curated by Colette-Bless).

Jam

***don't know what happen to his website; it's not around anymore?
    ** did I read s'where that Colette Boutique is collaborating w/ Ineke for a new perfume?

There is this thread for Paris in the Basenotes City Shopping Guides Forum:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=177463

Wink Re: Fragrance itinerary for a week in Paris?

The beautifully restored Guerlain boutique on the Champs Elysées would be a great starting point. From there you could go next door to the Sephora, which carries the usual suspects as well as some hard to find designer fragrances like Dior's amazing Jules. If you like Oud fragrances there is a great place nearby called Arabian Oud, 27, Rue Marignan, 75008. It is a bit intimidating, as it's very one-on-one, but it's a unique opportunity to sample the real Oud of Arabia and see some truly over-the-top perfume decanters. I'd also search out Nicolaï, 28 rue de Richelieu, 1st - other locations, too. Patricia de Nicolaï is a descendant of the Guerlain family and her creations are well made and well priced gems.
    And then there is the Les Salons du Palais Royale Shiseido - it's been said before, but it really is the most beautiful shop in Paris. Have fun!

For a bit of French avantgarde and youth I would definitely try and make it to Etat Libre d'Orange. Je Suis Un Homme is good, I heard. The website has the address, and the whole quarter is supposed to be a little different from the Paris of 19th century avenues, parks and palaces. I would also visit the Arabian oudh place Ruggles kindly mentioned, and meeting M. Montale would make my trip complete ! If I happened to pass by Le Male's, I would look in to see if that beauty saloon with lipsticks and eyeliners really exists.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I'll be in Paris next week, too. I'll have to check these places out

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

My Wardrobe

and you should visit the Ag boutique on Castiglione

Colette has a cool selection of scents ranging from dior to le labo to ineke
    metro stop tuilleries
    right when you get off, got straight and make a right onto saint-honore

and to the CDG parfums store
    i unluckily missed this but i was soooooo close
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I second Etat Libre d`Orange - rue Archives 69
    JAR - on rue Castiglione. Two numbers after AGoutal (by the way - try smoky osmanthus Eau du Fier - they make a limited batch of it for a short time).

CDG on Faubourg Saint Honore is quite a desert. Lonely salespersons, and not a ful range of CDG perfumes.

Well, and try all selectives Printemps and Old England carries!!!