Code of Conduct

Thread: "By" by D & G

Default "By" by D & G

Is anyone else having trouble locating this fine, fine scent? I have tried all of my usual online sources (from discounted sites to major chain stores) and it appears to have vanished into thin air!

Does anyone know if there is just a supply problem or if (the horror!) it has been discontinued?

Default Re: "By" by D & G

I got lucky and snagged mine at a Ross a while back. I haven't seen it since. A real shame, as the fragrance is amazing!

Try this place...

http://www.parfumerienasreen.com/

They may no longer carry it, but they seem to carry a wide selection of hard-to-find fragrances. Worth a try!

I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds like just the nicely slutty type of thing I would like!

It must be a temporary supply problem, because I see it for sale all over the place here in Miami.

I think that it will be discontinued. By is disappearing from shops..

I do not care about masculine BY version, but feminine version is really wonderful
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

It is discontinued.. One of my all time favourites..

I have it, but I don't think it's that great. it doesn't smell sexy as some others say, just smells powdery and soft to me. Not good for the heat.

How do you know it is discontinued?
    And if it is, does anyone know why?

It is my all time favourite and I will be heartbroken if it is discontinued.

I renew the request for online suppliers, particularly UK-based...

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    It is my all time favourite and I will be heartbroken if it is discontinued.

I renew the request for online suppliers, particularly UK-based...
    Dante,try perfumewarehouse.co.uk

Thanks for the replies everyone. How sad that it looks like it might be discontinued.

perfurmewarehouse.co.uk are still stocking it, however. (Thanks for the top, Frank06!) I've just bought three bottles just in case it definitely has been given the boot!
    Last edited by JMack; 16th May 2007 at 08:26 AM.

All the boutiques I've visited here in Italy says that it's discontinued so I'm pretty sure.. Anyway that's a real shame..

I checked on perfumewarehouse.co.uk, they still have it but 65€ for a 50ml is way too expensive..
    Last edited by Cloud; 16th May 2007 at 12:37 PM.

So, do you guys put on the Female version of By?

Does it not smell girly?

I dunno, I've never smelled it, but I can get the 100ml version for $40 >_>
    Chipmunks love to eat nuts. Don't go to the woods without pants. (<

it is also discontinued in Sweden...sadly so I have to say...one of my favorites

Bump because my question has not been answered >_>

Seriously, do you guys use the woman's version of By?

i tried it at sephora, smelled good on paper, so i bought the last bottle, i think its 50ml, and no i cant stand it, i used maybe 4 sprays total, so it is stil really full, anyone want it pm, trades welcomed i know its my first post and all but hey i havent seen a DG By topic forever

Seriously guys, don't ignore me =( Maybe you're talking about "By Man" and I'm just being clueless?

It is still a surprise for me. I thought all DG frags are sold all over the place, saw them at every counter, in every shop. The brand is generally very popular. They don't have many lines either. Don't understand why this happens.

Are you all talking about By Man here or By Woman??
    Last edited by Borky; 19th May 2007 at 08:14 PM.

I think everyone is talking about By Man.I have not tried this scent but can anyone give their views on this.I have tried the other male D & G fragrances but not this one.How good or bad is it?

At one point I had the chance to score by for men for 30 dollar cdn a bottle for a 100mL. (2 months ago), now if I want to try it even it will cost more than that.

We're all talking about By for Men - hence why my original post was in the Men's Fragrance discussion section.
    Last edited by JMack; 21st May 2007 at 02:45 PM.

I'm glad a got to pick up a 1.7 oz bottle for $27 a few months ago from an online store ! This stuff is amazing. If it really is discontinued..i'm gonna have to go pick up a few 3.4 oz bottles from the my mall's fragrance kiosk.

I know for a fact they have at least 4, 3.4 oz and 5, 1.7oz bottles of By Man... I was just there yesterday getting Metal Jeans by Versace and Casual Friday by Escada lol