Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Question Prada pour homme: One or two fragrances?

I'm a bit puzzled regarding whether there is one or two different fragrances called Prada pour homme (Prada for men).

I see references to Prada Amber Pour Homme which is said to be built on a platform of rich amber, woven with the smell of barber's soap.With top notes that evoke a blend of fresh mandarin, bergamot, and cardamom that melds into the mid notes of patchouli, tonka bean, and vanilla; and finishes with vetiver, neroli, orange blossom, saffron, and suede,

I also see references to PRADA For Men By PRADA eau de toilette which is said to possess a blend of Bergamot Oil from Italy, Mandarin Oil from Italy, Cardamom Oil from Guatemala, Labdanum Resin from France, Patchouli Leaves from Indonesia, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Geranium from Africa, Vetiver, Neroli Oil from Tunisia, Nirvanolide, Orange Blossom, Myrrh, Saffron from Spain, Sandalwood from India, Suede.

Although some notes are common, the first fragrance apparently has no labdanum and the second has no amber.

Some discussions in Basenotes state that ironically there is no amber in the first fragrance; others suggest that the first fragrance is a repackaging of the second. Can somebody kindly enlighten me?

I got a whiff of the first fragrance (I think) at a store today and I liked it. But I wouldn't buy fragrance without consulting Basenotes...

Default Re: Prada pour homme: One or two fragrances?

They're both the same thing. There's only one. You have nothing to worry about.

I initially disliked Prada Man (or Amber Homme) or whatever it's called, but I kept going back to a sample and wound up doing a 180 on it. I think it's really a well constructed scent. It is luxurious and smooth like an expensive barber lather/soap. I can pinpoint each note in it, yet it blends together seamlessly. I bought a big bottle with the fancy prestige sprayer. It can seem a tad feminine at first, but give it a chance. I wear it often to work. Quite a solid buy in my opinion.