Code of Conduct

Default All about Tabac Blond

Will you tell me all about Tabac Blond and suggest some fragrances that are very close to it but a little simpler to get one's hands on?

Thanks in advance

TDDanae :wave:

Blog Entries

Default Re: All about Tabac Blond

Do you mean simpler or cheaper? Because I can't think of anything remotely like it. It's not that hard to get. You can order it from the NY Caron boutique on the phone with a credit card. They are very nice. It is expensive but worth it.

You can order samples from the Caron boutique if you want to try TB.
    DONNA

I suggest that you try to get the pure parfum if you can, it's much better than the EDT. It's smoother, full and very rich. The leather sits very close to the skin.

I did hear that the EDP is available, but I've only seen it on some UK sites:
    http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc...Catalog/101093

EDP - 79 pounds sterling for 50ml
    parfum at Caron Boutique is $260US for 50ml (but they have smaller sizes available, but still expensive)

As kumquat says, Tabac Blond is one of a kind and certainly one of my top five scents. I have the pure parfum. There are other similar leathery fragrances, but also tough to find:

Cabochard Gres (leather is more subtle, very boardroom like)
    Knize Ten (masculine, heavy on the leather with a lot less smoke)
    Chanel Cuir de Russie (more floral with leather, less smoke)
    Molinard Habanita (cheaper, more smoke, less leather, more animalic)
    Guerlain Vol de Nuit (leather is more subtle, no smoke)
    Creed Royal English Leather (considered masculine, but I love it - smooth leather along the lines of TB with soft notes surrounding it, little smoke, more similar to Chanel CdR IMHO)

Good luck finding what you want.
    Last edited by dimples; 21st May 2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added REL to list
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Blog Entries

I agree Cabochard is my new favorite everyday scent. Very light and dry. Also the lotion to match is especially beautiful. Unlike a lot of others, the EDT is quite good and affordable at around $35.

Cabochard is very similar to Bandit. I find them both a much cooler scent than Tabac Blond, though - TB has a lot more warmth.
    I actually prefer the EDP of Tabac Blond - I get more actual tobacco. The parfum is warmer and more rounded - more about the leather, less about the tobacco. Both are great, though. Unfortunately, neither lasts that well on my skin.
    I'd also recommend checking out Creed Royal English Leather - it's gorgeous.

Blog Entries

It's true Cabochard isn't anything like TB. I like it as a day-time alternative to the dressy night-time full-on glamour of TB. To me, TB is very deep, amber/golden while Cab is also leathery, it's a light floral aldehyde. More smokey but not so much about the actual tobacco LEAF if that makes any sense.

Well Hello Danae! You're lookin' swell Danae - it's so nice to have you back where you belong!!!

I was just blessed with a generous sample of Tabac Blond - which is unlike anything I am familiar with - and I will be happy to share it with you if you will p.m. me with your address!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

If you can find vintage Cabochard, the similarities to TB are more pronounced. They share a similar cigars-and-leather accord which is played down in the more recent versions of Cab. But I agree that there is nothing quite like Tabac Blond. Most leathers are cooler or less embellished. Tabac Blond joins the leathers and cigar smoke to amber and vanilla, and the effect is pretty unique.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Blog Entries

Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque is the closest / nearest I have found to Caron Tabac Blond. Being a Lutens you have to get past the honeyed candied mediterranean fruit and spice first. It has a very similar dry down and feel smokey leather softened with unsweetened amber and vanilla.

I prefer the Tabac Blond which is 'drier', more aloof, classic and elegant than Cuir Mauresque but they both satisfy the same perfume mood.

Definitely worth a try...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

Hi, missed you. Thanks for all the helpful answers. I hope to be able to spend more time soon.

Hi Taolady, :bounce:

Hugs
    TDDanae