Code of Conduct

Default La Haie Fleurie du Hameau vs └ la Nuit

La Haie Fleurie du Hameau by L'Artisan or SL's └ la Nuit

has anyone tried both?? i've read a lot of comments that they have much similarity

would like to hear what are the similarities and differences and which one you prefer. have smelled A la Nuit but sadly La Haie isnt available at the shops here in Singapore

Default Re: La Haie Fleurie du Hameau vs └ la Nuit

I have A la Nuit, and a bit of La Haie left in a decant. They are similiar, but La Haie has a bit of a green edge in the opening, and is a thinner, higher pitched, sweeter fragrance. It's jasmine note seems more like pikake jasmine, and there is a waft of honeysuckle. It can become cloying in a closed space.

The A La Nuit is deeper, more indolic, with a more natural floral sense. It is long lasting, and carried a true jasmine note clear through the 6hour drydown. The heart is accented with clove, but very lightly.

The real sticky decision is A la Nuit compared to TDC's Jasmine de Nuit. They both have the same lovely jasmine note, but JdN uses cinnamon and anise as the accent spices, and more abundantly. It's jasmine retreats in the dry down revealing a wood tinged, warm vanilla musk. I usually wear A la Nuit in the summer, and Jasmine de Nuit in the winter.

I think A la Nuit is the truest pure soliflore, and it very lovely, but I often prefer the complexity of Jasmine de Nuit.

Hope that helps!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Interesting question!

La Haie is a heady white floral with a predominance of jasmine notes, while A la nuit explores the nuances of indolic jasmine solo.
    http://perfumeshrine.fortunecity.com...try8.html#body
    It can be a little difficult to pull off the latter for people who do not like the carnal aspects of slight rot and decay of those kind of florals. I can see how they get challenged. You have to really love jasmine to go for A la nuit (I do, btw). It's magnificent...
    La Haie has a brighter aspect that isn't shady despite the headiness. Still requires a white florals lover to fully appreciate.

Now Jasmin de Nuit to my nose is not as jasmine-y, but more spicy like has been mentioned. Not a jasmine soliflore really like one would infer from the name.

Quote Originally Posted by helg View Post
    Interesting question!

La Haie is a heady white floral with a predominance of jasmine notes, while A la nuit explores the nuances of indolic jasmine solo.
    http://perfumeshrine.fortunecity.com...try8.html#body
    It can be a little difficult to pull off the latter for people who do not like the carnal aspects of slight rot and decay of those kind of florals. I can see how they get challenged. You have to really love jasmine to go for A la nuit (I do, btw). It's magnificent...
    La Haie has a brighter aspect that isn't shady despite the headiness. Still requires a white florals lover to fully appreciate.

Now Jasmin de Nuit to my nose is not as jasmine-y, but more spicy like has been mentioned. Not a jasmine soliflore really like one would infer from the name.

Hi, Helg !

I'm a big fan of La Haie, and JDN...
    I agree, you need to love the white florals for any of them...
    For me, the TDC is spicier, and less soliflore- probably easier for many to wear, and love.
    A La Nuit is gorgeous, but turns on me, and bites the hand that feeds, strangely enough.
    I admire it , therefore, in a more abstract way.

La Haie dries down to a quieter floral on me, and likes Ava-Luxe Moss.
    [It told me so- and I always listen to what my 'fumes tell me !]

A lovely day to you !