Code of Conduct

Thread: chanel PMC

Default chanel PMC

im making a chanel colliction! my fav chanels are: PE , Allure homme , Egoiste(without the medicinal notes would be my first choice)
    i'd have chanel PM and didn't like it(too dated with bitter citrus notes) , would like to know if PMC is a sweet cologne or not? does it have the much lemoney notes in PM? does it have orange notes?
    Last edited by farshad; 21st May 2007 at 11:55 AM.

Default Re: chanel PMC

Quote Originally Posted by farshad View Post
    would like to know if PMC is a sweet cologne or not? does it have the much lemoney notes in PM? does it have orange notes?
    PMC certainly has citrus topnotes, but they are not as sharp as PM, there is a lot more sweet spice, and the overall feel I experience is akin to high quality French Vanilla Icecream, it just has a creaminess to it which I love, but the hint of citrus and the strong chypre structure balance the creaminess perfectly.

Even despite this, you may find it a little old fashioned compared to the other Chanels in your list, this seems to be the major criticism of it from non-PM fans (the other criticism being people who prefer the original). This however, is not an issue for me, as I love what I call the creamy citruses, like PMC and Habit Rouge.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Pour Monsieur Concentree has a nutmeg accord. I think it's very good, but
    those who hate nutmeg should avoid it.

It is less harsh in it's opening and longer lasting than Pour Monsieur (1955).
    That said, I still prefer the 1955 frangrance.
    Last edited by trumpet_guy; 22nd May 2007 at 03:16 AM.

I absolutely love chanel Pour Homme the classice what a great fragrance

PMC seemed very creamy too me. I did not like it as much as PM. I hope for your sake it lasts longer than PM, which simply put, doesn't.