Code of Conduct

Default Scents that smell like the Creeds

Hello...I really want to try all of the Creeds in due time, but unfortunately I believe that I don't live very close to a store that sells them.

So what "common" fragrances could you draw comparisons to for the major Creeds (i.e. SMW, Erolfa, Tabarome, Vetiver, Himalaya, GIT, and any other major ones that come to mind).

And by the way...If Unforgivable is an exact clone of MI, then why buy MI if Unforgivable lasts longer and has better sillage? I have not tried MI yet, by the way, but im sure it must be wonderful if it smells like Unforgivable.

Default Re: Scents that smell like the Creeds

There have been numerous threads like this one. Off the top of my head:

Coolwater/Curve = Green Irish Tweed
    Paco XS = Himalaya
    Knize Ten = Royal English Leather

Also, I don't find Unforgivable identical to Millesime Imperial. I think Unforgivable is more like Bond No. 9 Wall Street.
    Last edited by teflondog; 21st May 2007 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leor_77 View Post
    And by the way...If Unforgivable is an exact clone of MI, then why buy MI if Unforgivable lasts longer and has better sillage? I have not tried MI yet, by the way, but im sure it must be wonderful if it smells like Unforgivable.
    Unforgivable did try to rip off the topnotes of MI, but it's a hack job for sure. The initial blast tries to cop the MI signature, but the rest of the scent is piss poor. The basenotes are an awful cheap musk affair. This scent wouldn't be so bad if Unforgivable weren't trying to blatantly steal from one of the best scents ever made, which only invites comparisons and makes itself look shoddy

It's like when people try to put those crazy ground effects on their cars to make them look like Ferraris-- you're like "whoa, look a Ferrari... wait that's not a Ferrari, that's some ghettoed out Honda!"

XS >= Himalaya
    Heritage <= BdP

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    Knize Ten = Royal English Leather
    I have decants of both and they smell very similar. They have some different notes sure, but they could easily be mistaken for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet View Post
    Heritage <= BdP
    I think these smell very similar as well, I actually like Heritage better. Since I own Heritage I don't think I could justify buying BdP, even though it's very nice, because they just smell too much alike.