Code of Conduct

Wink hello & (re)introduction

hello all,

my name is andrew. i'm 23, an accountant and appreciate the finer things in life - german cars, high-end audio and my favourite addiction, fragrance. i've posted here previously however felt i had little to offer in the way of insight (compared to others) and so decided to sit quietly in the corner for a while and just sniff and read and then sniff some more. somehow regretably, i lost track of time and haven't participated for ages (maybe more than a year - oops), hence my "re" introduction.

i've managed to build quite a varied little collection and i love every one of them. as you can see from my wardrobe i enjoy the odd unisex frag, dabble with some more "elderly" gentlemen, and adore the more modern, lighter orientals (my favs). so that's me, nice to meet you (again) and hopefully any participation (however circumspect) is appreciated.

andrew.

Default Re: hello & (re)introduction

Welcome back. I get the impression your posts will be considered and thoughtful. Looking forward to reading your thoughts in times to come.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 23rd May 2007 at 03:23 PM.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Basenotes Institution

Nice to meet you Andrew - don't sit there quietly anymore...we need more participation from classy, astute 23 yr olds (like you) who are interested in more than just fragrances to 'get more chicks'.

Re-welcome/ welcome back. The corner is no fun. It is much more fun to get involved with all the fun and excitement we have going on. Besides, you you have a wardrobe I would want and that is a big deal. I never find many in someone elses wardrobe that I want.

Get into the game!

Welcome back! I see you have many frags i have as well.

Hi Andrew,
    It still puzzles me why most Australian Basenoters seem to come from Melbourne. I guess we just take the finer things of life more seriously.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    It still puzzles me why most Australian Basenoters seem to come from Melbourne. I guess we just take the finer things of life more seriously.
    I've noticed that too and, like you, am confused as to why. I would however like to throw my support behind your "humble" theory of us simply being a classy group of lads - I like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    we need more participation from classy, astute 23 yr olds (like you) who are interested in more than just fragrances to 'get more chicks'.
    Agreed. As soon as you forget about trying to please "chicks" or somehow magnetically draw them towards your neck, the more you will enjoy your fragrances and the more adventurous you can afford to be with them. Wear what makes you feel good - the happier you are the more attractive you are. Having said that, I'm single, so maybe I'm just trying to convince myself (?!).

andrew

Welcome back! I myself and just getting back into basenotes and the wide world of fragnances myself after a extended hiatus.

Nice 'drobe! Welcome back and have at it!

It seems trite to add my own word of welcome, but there it is! ;-)
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Nice to meet you Andrew - don't sit there quietly anymore...we need more participation from classy, astute 23 yr olds (like you) who are interested in more than just fragrances to 'get more chicks'.
    Yeah, addicted, its up to you, me, and a few others to defeat the stereotype that guys in their early 20's are Acqua di Gio addicted club rats who let their private regions choose their wardrobe instead of their noses (and brains).

Welcome aboard! I love your drobe.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 24th May 2007 at 05:18 AM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."