Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Annick Goutal Sables, 3 days, 2 showers and I can still smell it on me.

Talk about longevity! I applied Sables on Monday and this morning - Wednesday - I can still smell it. I love the stuff with its thick, herbal, resinous, sweetness held in check with a dash of iodine, it reminds me so much of Ambre Sultan. Perhaps, Mr. Lutens/Mr. Sheldrake liked it, too?

Default Re: Annick Goutal Sables, 3 days, 2 showers and I can still smell it on me.

I'm with you on this (longevity). Alas, to me it smells a bit like food, after a while. Some exotic kind of food (Chinese? Indian?). That wouldn't bother me but it simply doesn't smell "clean" anymore. Okay, it's not a clean scent from the beginning, but I tend to feel a bit dirty when Sables stays too long. I prefer the one you also mentioned: Ambre Sultan. To me this is more elegant.

Default Re: Annick Goutal Sables, 3 days, 2 showers and I can still smell it on me.

The first time I smelled Sables it was a shock. It's one of the few fragrances I've tested where I immediately fell in love with it. The top and middle notes are my favourites however... the basenotes are a little too foody for me, but as you've experienced, very long lasting.

It lasts for ages, but it doesn't really project much for nearly all of that time (in sharp contrast to the other super laster - Joop). For this reason, I have a mental picture of Sables as a sticky scent - since it sticks long and hard, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can smell it.
    Renato

I love this scent, and yes, it is incredibly tenacious

Thumbs up Re: Annick Goutal Sables, 3 days, 2 showers and I can still smell it on me.

I had to buy a bottle, Amazon had it for $56 + free shipping. However, I think it will have to wait for the Fall to be used.

How many sprays do you apply normally? I guess Sables is a fragrance of the kind that loose their magic when getting applied too heavy.

Indeed one needs only a smidgeon and it is extremely tenacious. Smell your sheets as well, because they do retain the scent! ;-)

I used only one spray on my hand. There must be something in the formula that bonds with your skin. It isn't a sillage monster, but it is the longest lasting fragrance that I've ever worn.
    It also is quite unique and wonderous. Think herbs, maple syrup, iodine - sounds awful, but it beat out Ambre Sultan by almost a decade!
    --------------------------------------
    Make that 4 days and 4 showers. There is a distinct maple syrup smell on my hand. I've sprayed Etro Vetiver over it and when it faded Sables returned!
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 24th May 2007 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost