Code of Conduct

Default Are Fragrance prices on the rise?

I just purchased a 50ml bottle of Zegna Intenso for $39.00, a Sunset Heat Men Shower Gel for $21.50 and a 50ml bottle of Dreamer EDT for $48.50.

It might be me but these fragrance prices are rising quickly. It just seems like the dreamer is a lot of money for 50mls. Now I am not someone to complain about prices but it just seems like fragrance prices are rapidly on the rise. Of course I am cognisant of the fact that prices are rapidily rising in everything and of course rising oil prices responsible for many.

What are your thoughts and comments on this. What are prices like in your neck of the woods?

Peace and Safety,

Otto

Default Re: Are Fragrance prices on the rise?

I just looked up some L'Artisans and noticed that the 50ml bottles went from $75 to $85 since I last looked and the big bottles are up $5 from $120 to $125.

This sucks!!! Now it is making buying my favorite fragrances even harder.

yes they are. higher oil prices=higher transportation costs=higher prices=inflation. it will last until we get serious about nuclear power (Mr Fusion, anyone?)

Hi, I purchased The Dreamer (50 ml) for 650 Thai Baht or USD18.57.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Creed and Serge Lutens have raised their prices by $10 or more as well.
    -

Definitely!

And the reasons have to do with exclusivity cachet and distance from the consumer as well as elevated prices for raw materials. Let's face it, everything is getting more expensive nowadays, perfume has to follow; but it also aids that in an age that scent is demystified as a luxurious commodity (everyone can pop in a department store and get a designer slice for 50 bucks or less) they had to elevate prices to re-establish perfume as "art" and "luxury".

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...-smell-of.html

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...w-perfume.html

For what is worth.....
    Last edited by helg; 24th May 2007 at 12:28 AM.

I am not any type of expert.....that's for sure.....I believe that one of the larger problems here in the U.S.A. is the fact that the Dollar is weak. The buck as we call it is not worth what she used to be worth......With gas prices and taxes thrown into the mix .....this always spells price increase.
    Gary

Hi Otto,
    I think you are the first person I've "spoken" to in Bermuda! I've heard that it's a wonderful place, and also that it's punishingly expensive; no doubt these are over-simplifications.

I've noticed that prices seem to be going up for niche items, but not so much in designer items, at least where I'm shopping. That's a LOT of money for Dreamer, that's for sure. I'm considering buying some more of that, and the prices I'm seeing are low.

Maybe I have that perception because I'm more of a bottom-feeding shopper, except for special occasions; many folks here are way beyond me!

Cheers, Dave

At full retail they've risen a bit down here in Australia over the last few years, despite our appreciating dollar and a reduction in tax on them to only 10%.

But large bottles of a lot of the older ones are now going a lot cheaper than they used to in the less upmarket stores, e.g, Joop, Jazz, Dreamer are going for around A$40 (US$32).
    Renato