Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 33 of 33
  1. #1

    Default Favorite sweet frags

    What are your favorite sweet fragrances?
    I like Le male, Gaultier2 and i found a certain something in 212sexy for men.

  2. #2

    CologneJunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Overland Park/Lawrence, KS
    Posts
    4,789
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Second Gaultier2, & add Lolita Lempicka au masculin. Burberry Brit is another fave that's a bit sweet on the drydown. Ooh and I can't forget Givenchy Pi!
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 24th May 2007 at 04:49 AM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

  3. #3

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Dior Homme and Diptyque Eau Lente. And Jaipur.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

  4. #4

    Wink Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Hypnotic Poison, Frederick Malle MR, Sables Annick Goutal.
    The obvious ones, like JPG Le Male, Body Kouros and The dreamer make me vomit. Don't get me started on Angel........

  5. #5

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Bois d'Agent
    Fahrenheit 32
    Gaultier2...sometimes....
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.


  6. #6

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Royal Delight (Creed)
    Rochas Man (Rochas)
    Fumerie Turque (Serge Lutens)
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 24th May 2007 at 08:22 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Terre d'Hermes

  8. #8

    Talking Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Chanel Egoiste / Gaultier 2 / Sculpture by Nikos / Gucci Envy / Le Male / Dior Homme / Rochas by Man / A-Men / F.M. Musc Ravageur / Creed Royal Delight
    --------------------------------------
    i forgot: Virgin Island Water (tropical sweet) :-)
    Last edited by P-Natra; 24th May 2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9

    Cool Re: Favorite sweet frags

    In no particular order:

    Jaipur
    Bulgari Black
    Ignition
    Cacharel
    Anucci Man
    Egoiste
    REL
    MKK
    Habit Rouge
    Geir
    The Baron
    Roma
    Minotaure
    Nicole Miller for Men
    Signature
    Black Vetyver Cafe
    John Varvatos
    Le Roy Soleil
    Santal Noble
    Ungaro 3
    Givenchy Gentleman
    Mont Blanc Individuel
    Laguna
    Homme Nature
    Acier Aluminum
    Havana

    SLUMMING IT:: Cristobal, Armani Code, Prada Amber, Xeryus Rouge, Miracle Homme, Quasar, Opium PH, Cavalli Man, PI, Marc Jacobs, Corduroy, Rochas Man, Swiss Army

    CAN'T WEAR: ( Much too ' Yumsters! " for me): Muscs Ravageur, Tuberose Indiana, JHL, L'Homme Sage, Black Cashmere, About half of all Serge Lutens, M7, Pink Sugar, Beyond Paradise, and a few others that the unwashed masses would deem better suited for a girl or a transvestite.

    CAN'T STAND: Imperial Jade Emperor, Amouage Gold, Le Male, Cuba Gold, Joop!, A*Men, The Dreamer, Intuition for Men, Sculpture, Raw Vanilla, Stetson, Faconnable, Ultraviolet Man, Essential,

    Cheers,

    Mario
    My Wardrobe

    Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

    Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

    My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Chanel Egoiste.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Casual Friday-Escada
    Belle de Minuit-Nina Ricci( My most recent treasure)
    Mark II- Jaguar

  12. #12

    Talking Re: Favorite sweet frags

    i forgot Original Santal (Creed) wonderful...works in the summer and winter :-)

  13. #13
    Dimitrios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Beyond the Blue Mountains
    Posts
    3,220

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    ** ZINO ** - Davidoff
    ** OSCAR POUR LUI ** - Oscar De La Renta
    Both very very nice ,, affordable & easy to get .
    cheers
    D

  14. #14
    Dependent pluran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,804

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    In no particular order:

    Jaipur
    Bulgari Black
    Ignition
    Cacharel
    Anucci Man
    Egoiste
    REL
    MKK
    Habit Rouge
    Geir
    The Baron
    Roma
    Minotaure
    Nicole Miller for Men
    Signature
    Black Vetyver Cafe
    John Varvatos
    Le Roy Soleil
    Santal Noble
    Ungaro 3
    Givenchy Gentleman
    Mont Blanc Individuel
    Laguna
    Homme Nature
    Acier Aluminum
    Havana

    SLUMMING IT:: Cristobal, Armani Code, Prada Amber, Xeryus Rouge, Miracle Homme, Quasar, Opium PH, Cavalli Man, PI, Marc Jacobs, Corduroy, Rochas Man, Swiss Army

    CAN'T WEAR: ( Much too ' Yumsters! " for me): Muscs Ravageur, Tuberose Indiana, JHL, L'Homme Sage, Black Cashmere, About half of all Serge Lutens, M7, Pink Sugar, Beyond Paradise, and a few others that the unwashed masses would deem better suited for a girl or a transvestite.

    CAN'T STAND: Imperial Jade Emperor, Amouage Gold, Le Male, Cuba Gold, Joop!, A*Men, The Dreamer, Intuition for Men, Sculpture, Raw Vanilla, Stetson, Faconnable, Ultraviolet Man, Essential,

    Cheers,

    Mario
    Man, that's gotta be one of the most misleading lists I've seen. I have little time to examine it but I'll cover a couple of them. Cacharel Pour Homme's a spicy fougere. There's very little sweet about it. The whole fragrance is contracted on hard notes.

    JHL in the same category as Musc Ravageur? That out of f_cking site. I can't wear anything sweet right now (Habit Rouge, Egoiste, any number of them) but I wear JHL in massive quantities. There's little genuine sweetness in the whole fragrance and the dry down is primarily labdanum and patchouli. It wears far more like a chypre than an oriental.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th May 2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: V20GMid

  15. #15

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Paris Hlton for men

  16. #16

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Opium Pour Homme EDT

  17. #17

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Le Male, Magnetism, Obsession, Uomo? Moschino

  18. #18
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,523

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Ambre Narguile by Hermessence - hands down a sweet beauty of a fragrance.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Jaipur PH, Bulgari Black, Le Male, Rochas Man, The Dreamer,
    "Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    Mignon McLaughlin

  20. #20

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    The epitome of sweetness is JPG².
    De gustibus non est disputandum

  21. #21

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Sweet frags arent my thing, but I enjoy the following :

    Creed Original Santal: for its tonka, coriander and sandalwood; spicy & probably not as sweet as the others on the list

    No more than a spray or two of : Trumper Sandalwood/Chanel Egoiste, Creed Royal Delight, Serge Lutens Chergui

    Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore (Arabie lite)

    Ungaro I (for its excellent boozy wormwood note)
    -

  22. #22

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Wow, alot of you guys are listing things that I'd never consider to be mainly sweets, even if there are a couple of sweet notes in there - Zino?! Jaipur?! Watchotalkinboutwillis?

    If you're on a budget XERYUS ROUGE - not that shit is SWEET and delicious.

    If you're lucky enough to get your hands on some RAHAT LOUKOUM try that one. That stuff will rot your teeth right off of your bell jar importing mouth.

    These go beyond even the SL Arabie and Fumerie Turque and Cedre sweets, which are sweet treats in their own right.
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    CREED: Chevrefeuille, SMW, BdP, Aventus
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale
    YSL: Vintage M7

    CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:
    Sale Thread



  23. #23

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Guerlain: Habit Rouge EDP, Jicky, Chamade pour homme, Héritage.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Sweet fragrances that I love are: A*Men and Rochas Man

  25. #25

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Dior Homme, Jaipur, Zino, and Habit Rouge
    You are not your perfume.

  26. #26

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Definitely Opium Pour Homme EdT.

    But then... that's my signature scent, so I can't help myself with that one, lol.

  27. #27

    Cool Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Man, that's gotta be one of the most misleading lists I've seen. I have little time to examine it but I'll cover a couple of them. Cacharel Pour Homme's a spicy fougere. There's very little sweet about it. The whole fragrance is contracted on hard notes.

    JHL in the same category as Musc Ravageur? That out of f_cking site. I can't wear anything sweet right now (Habit Rouge, Egoiste, any number of them) but I wear JHL in massive quantities. There's little genuine sweetness in the whole fragrance and the dry down is primarily labdanum and patchouli. It wears far more like a chypre than an oriental.
    Oh, well let's not quibble. I considered Cacharel a Spicy Oriental, but in any case the nutmeg note made it sweet (and quite interesting) it also gave me hankering for eggnog.

    Best frag for Xma parties?

    As to JHL perhaps I'm being too much of a purist, but if it's chypre where's the oakmoss? Leather?

    Cinnabar has almost the same notes, erp at mid and base
    JHL: Mid=carnation, cinammon,rose, fir
    Cin: Mid_ carnation, cinammon, rose, jasmine
    JHL: Base= patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, laddaunum
    Cin: Base= patchouli, samalwood, vanilla, incense

    Perhaps you don't experience patchouli as sweet and I do ( Or perhaps JHL reminds me too much of my mom and sis wearing Cinnabar)

    But you're right, it's closer to Givenchy Gentleman than to Muscs Ravageur.
    GG is another patchouli explosion.

    The list was( one's) Favorite Sweet Frags, and that's what I responded to.
    I certainly did NOT mean to imply that Havana is close to Jaipur, which in turn could be mistaken for Habit Rouge simply because I listed them among my favorites, that would be silly.

    Pax to all,

    Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 25th May 2007 at 04:26 AM.
    My Wardrobe

    Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

    Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

    My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    1. Armani's Prive 1. Cuir Amethyst
    2. Ambre Soie
    3. Pierre de Lune
    and I can't wait to try the new Jasmine fragrance.
    2. Armani Code Pour Homme
    3. Angel Men
    4. Bvlgari Black
    5. Gaultier 2
    6. Lolita Lempicka Pour Homme
    7. Rochas Lui
    8. M7
    9. Rive gauche Pour Homme
    Gary

  29. #29

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Opium pour Homme and Le Male.

  30. #30

    Arrow Re: Favorite sweet frags

    One of my favourites when it comes to sweet fragrances would be Chanel Allure Homme.
    I can 'taste' the sweetness in my mouth everytime i wear it.

    gupts


  31. #31

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post

    As to JHL perhaps I'm being too much of a purist, but if it's chypre where's the oakmoss? Leather?

    Cinnabar has almost the same notes, erp at mid and base
    JHL: Mid=carnation, cinammon,rose, fir
    Cin: Mid_ carnation, cinammon, rose, jasmine
    JHL: Base= patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla, laddaunum
    Cin: Base= patchouli, samalwood, vanilla, incense

    Perhaps you don't experience patchouli as sweet and I do ( Or perhaps JHL reminds me too much of my mom and sis wearing Cinnabar)
    JHL "inspired" by Cinnabar...a very interesting observation Mario.
    -

  32. #32
    Off-Scenter
    Guest

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    I don't tolerate the really syrupy sweet gourmands. The sweetest I'll go is Lutens's Mandarine-Mandarin.

  33. #33
    Basenotes Plus

    nenugal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The south coast
    Posts
    1,253

    Default Re: Favorite sweet frags

    Allure Homme
    Egoiste
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme EdP
    Envy for Men
    Bulgari Black

Similar Threads

  1. Masculine frags that aren't sweet
    By fashionnoob in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11th February 2008, 12:52 AM
  2. Fragrance Questionnaire
    By Sorcery of Scent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24th November 2007, 11:36 AM
  3. Sweet Courreges - one of the frags you ....
    By Alicka61 in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st October 2007, 10:11 AM
  4. Sweet Tooth
    By The_Giraffe in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 20th May 2006, 02:08 PM
  5. od'd on favorite frags
    By Mario Justiniani in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20th March 2006, 02:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •