Code of Conduct

Wink Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azuree.

And she was trying to convince me that a man could wear it.................
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 22nd February 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Default Re: Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azzure

Great post.

Basenotes Institution

A post menopausal woman, who can't spell correctly either...

Ok, I am curious. Did you just know, in your dream, that she was post-menopausal? Or was that part of her argument as to why a man could wear it, or are simply suggesting she was 50? Inquiring minds want to know.

Wink Re: Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azzure

Quote Originally Posted by kasae View Post
    Ok, I am curious. Did you just know, in your dream, that she was post-menopausal? Or was that part of her argument as to why a man could wear it, or are simply suggesting she was 50? Inquiring minds want to know.
    In my dream she was well over 50. Think Bea Arthur. She was walking past me on the street, an empty city street, and I said, "what are your wearing?" She replied, "Azzuré. It works well on a man, too."

Smile Re: Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azzure

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    In my dream she was well over 50. Think Bea Arthur. She was walking past me on the street, an empty city street, and I said, "what are your wearing?" She replied, "Azzuré. It works well on a man, too."
    LOL

Bea Arthur -- now thats a scary thought...((shudder))

No more hot dogs and pizza before bed for you!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azzure

This is the stuff nightmares are made of..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I lust after post menopausal women but am unfamiliar with Azzuré .:bounce:

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

but that doesn't really explain how it was relevant that she was 'post-menopausal', does it?
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

This was my attempt at a joke.
    It's a comment on my failed attempts at wearing vintage women's fragrances such as: Cabochard, Habanita and Bandit. Everytime I went out with one of them on I felt like Bea Arthur at the Pamela Anderson Roast. The exception being Shalimar, which somehow works on me.

Talking Re: Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azzure

This was my attempt at a joke.
    It's a comment on my failed attempts at wearing vintage women's fragrances such as: Cabochard, Habanita and Bandit. Everytime I went out with one of them on I felt like Bea Arthur at the Pamela Anderson Roast. The exception being Shalimar, which somehow works on me.
    Are you sure you weren't more like Betty White at that roast (which was a great roast by the way!) I wonder what Betty was wearing. Perhaps you were more like Coutney Love's frag! Or maybe even Andy Dick! I would like to know what they all wore that night.

They were all wearing something containing notes of cannabis and absinthe.

Talking Re: Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azzure

As a premenopausal woman, my personal opinion is that you should try wearing Tabac Blond.

well, after you try the Azure, or whatever that is.

( I am LOVING the Kingdom, btw)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Kingdom was another one that made me think that the theme from Maude was mysteriously going to start playing everytime I wore it.
    BTW, in my dreams I can not spell. It's Azurée by Estée Lauder. rtamara, that was a small bottle - I'm glad that it's a keeper for you.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 25th May 2007 at 03:06 AM.

azure or azuree, I have not sniffed either, BUT, my instincts tell me that Tabac Blond could fit the bill for a vintage female frag of your dreams.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

They were all wearing something containing notes of cannabis and absinthe.
    I was thinking it was along the lines of blueberry crumble pie, wich would make an interesting layer with Azurée Soleil Eau Fraîche(wich i love)

Perhaps in the inner depths of your soul, you want to be Bea Arthur.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher View Post
    Perhaps in the inner depths of your soul, you want to be Bea Arthur.

TNMA
    Perhaps, in the inner depths of my soul, I am Bea Arthur! Wouldn't that be awful?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

How the hell can your inner depth of soul be Bea Arthur when my inner depth of soul is Bea Arthur? Bilocation of Bea Arthur is forbidden by the contract. Sir! You go too far!

And it really isn't too bad being an inner soul Bea Arthur either. Well OK, maybe just a bit uncomfortable wearing that tube sock, but hey..
    Last edited by kbe; 25th May 2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: typo correction
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Azuree rocks - and I am only 31. Having said that, it's one of the very few women's frags I would find...curious on a man. It's very round, bosomy and soft, none of which are qualities I look for in a guy!

Basenotes Institution

I have been thinking about sampling Azuree recently, after I re-read some glowing reviews of it (Turin gave it five stars: citrus leather, he called it).

I forgot that Ruggles had posted this about the scent. LOL

I'd love to hear if you've changed your views on this (and other post-menopausal signature scents) Ruggles? Seeing as I know you have some Bandit shower gel in your bathroom.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd February 2009 at 12:32 AM.

Blog Entries

Citrus leather is definitely pre-menopausal. Pamela Anderson - not Bea Arthur. OMG - reformulation!!!

Bea Arthur or no Bea Arthur, I think Azurée is perfectly suited as a unisex.

I missed this the first time around, maybe because of Lauder. Now I am getting interested. I love citrus, leather and...I get week knees just reading about 5-star perfumes ! Knowing that Shower Gels are sometimes better than the perfume: What is that Bandit version like, Ruggles and Mike? Bandit and Tabac Blond are both mentioned in context with Azurée. As these perfumes' current versions leave too much missing, maybe the shower gel won't? It has a very good price.
    Last edited by narcus; 22nd February 2009 at 06:42 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I love Azurée! I think is such a glorious scent, I have been wearing it since I was about 10 or 11; my Aunt Sandra had worn it since it came out, so I always loved it on her. I think it works wonderfully on a man, very dirty and erotic smelling
    I also love Bea Arthur; whether as Maude or Dorothy, she is a fabulous actress, I just loved the Golden Girls.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I think it's kind of nice of post-menopausal women to want that the men would still wear scents, irrespective if Azzure or not.

Default Re: Help me, I had a dream of a post-menopausal women wearing Azuree.

I actually bought a bottle of Azuree and I'm loving it!

I actually bought a bottle of Azuree and I'm loving it!
    I can't remember the smell of Azuree, but I've been thinking about a bottle of Super Estee (aka Estee Super)...I must be in menopausal approach...
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 22nd February 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    I missed this the first time around, maybe because of Lauder. Now I am getting interested. I love citrus, leather and...I get week knees just reading about 5-star perfumes ! Knowing that Shower Gels are sometimes better than the perfume: What is that Bandit version like, Ruggles and Mike? Bandit and Tabac Blond are both mentioned in context with Azurée. As these perfumes' current versions leave too much missing, maybe the shower gel won't? It has a very good price.
    Bandit shower gel is fantastic. It's a little strange to be showering with such a leather prominent chypre (the scent fills up the entire shower and bathroom, I swear!) and the longevity on skin is quite good (which might be a bad thing, if you want to wear another fragrance after your shower and want to avoid layering the two). But it's a nice combo - the soapy notes mixed with the galbanum, leather and moss. Wonderful stuff - I think you will like it narcus.

Azuree also has a good price (it retails for $34 for 2 ounces) and is even more affordable on Ebay and elsewhere.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 22nd February 2009 at 11:41 PM.

Blog Entries

I love Azuree, too. It's perfect if you get cravings for sharp green, galbanum & the like, this time of the year. It is like a tonic. It is nothing like the 'Soleil' version that came out 2-3 years ago.
    That was weak, tanning lotion style neroli.

I am starting to feel ancient around here. At least I'll have my smellies to comfort me.
    Last edited by kumquat; 23rd February 2009 at 02:27 AM.