Code of Conduct

Default ** Rich Cherry Aroma ** ??

Hi Dudes ... Is their any EDT available that smells of Cherry ?
    Reason I ask is some 25+ years ago in the early 80's I was sitting in a park at lunch time enjoying a burger & casually watching a game of chess that two older gentlemen were playing at the nearby table . At a certain point in the contest one of them pulled out a pipe & a pouch to have a puff whilst the battle was heating up But it was when he opened that pouch to remove some tobacco that blew me away !! ... I can clearly remember that most sweetest of scents !! the aroma emanating was strong & seductive and very distinctly cherry like , I couldn't help myself but interupt at the first opportunity to find out what this was . He gladly told me it was called Black Cherry . hmmmm .. made me wonder what was so special about Pierre Cardin & Aramis

Default Re: ** Rich Cherry Aroma ** ??

The only thing I can think of right offhand is M7. It starts off with a rather cherry-like aroma, sort of medicinal.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Cuba Red (I think. It has been a while since I wore it)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Funny you should say a Pipe tobacco cherry scent because I havent tried a whole deluge of colognes but I have tried whats in the "tested" in my wardrobe.

My answer to you is a definate MICHAEL FOR MEN by Michael Kors.

The notes in it are Pipe Tobacco! And whats the most famous pipe tobacco scent....CHERRY! lol It is a warm somewhat cherry tobacco scent made perfect for cool weather. On L.Island this would be October through the winter.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this one to you! You WILL definately smell the Pipe tobacco at first spray, let it drydown...it is a warm scent.

Picture a suede note mixed with pipe tobacco, definately a nighttime scent for cooler weather. There are a lot of notes in this cologne however a basenotes member hit it right on the head....Michael for men seems to try and fit all these notes in one cologne but what happens is the tobacco note and suede note take over so it cancels out the other notes...however it's still a great scent. IMHO it smells like Chic for men but bumped up to a more agressive heavier suede note.

If you ove what you mentioned in the park try Michael..it's right up your alley.

Good luck!
    The search for the perfect cologne is like a composer searching for the ultimate note.

P.S. F' Imus...Stern is King!

Highly coincidental; I've been wearing M7 lately and I'm really starting to enjoy it. There is this rich, oozing sweet "red" smell that I've been trying to describe to no avail. That is, until one of the previous posters described it as cherry. I think he's absolutely right.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Thrax

Cherry? Hmmm.... From what I have heard you might want to try People Of The Labrynth. It supposedly has a strong cherry smell to it. It is also available in EDT and EDP.

Michael Kors definitely. That's the one.
    Last edited by Joe_Frances; 26th May 2007 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Ah, the dreaded spelling demon.....

Awesome !! .... thanks so much guys ... I'll definately bump up Michael Kors & M7 up my list ...
    I must admit that back in the early 90's I took up smoking Aromatic pipe tobacco in an effort to stop smoking those damn deadly cigarettes ,, Well I discovered many fantastic addictive aromas ,, including Irish Mead - Bank - and others I can't remember .
    Just wondering if any of you fellas notice similirities between EDT's & other tobbacco's ?

Black XS.
    -

I have Black XS very very nice scent , not overbearing or one that leaves a trail ,, just rite for snuggling ,, but I must say smells nothing like Black Cherry .
    How many of you actually smoke or have smoked pipes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    I have Black XS very very nice scent , not overbearing or one that leaves a trail ,, just rite for snuggling ,, but I must say smells nothing like Black Cherry .
    How many of you actually smoke or have smoked pipes ?
    I havent smoked pipes but I have smelled shisha's and hookahs. Have you tried Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque ? It might be close to what you are looking for.
    -

L'Occitane's new "Cherry Blossom" just came out last month and is of high quality.

Many thanks CM Wolf ..... I haven't yet tried Fumerie Turque either ,, cheers.

My suggestion to this cherry thread would be Creed's Royal English Leather. Prominent cherry like accord in that one, but I seem to be one of the few noticing it. Or maybe I'm getting my scents all mixed up, lol.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax View Post
    Cherry? Hmmm.... From what I have heard you might want to try People Of The Labrynth. It supposedly has a strong cherry smell to it. It is also available in EDT and EDP.
    Which one Thrax? Luctor et Emergo? or A.maze?

I've smelled both and I think you might be talking about the Luctor et Emergo...but for me LeE smells too much like playdoh for me to have ever noticed any cherry notes.

Awesome !! .... thanks so much guys ... I'll definately bump up Michael Kors & M7 up my list ...
    I must admit that back in the early 90's I took up smoking Aromatic pipe tobacco in an effort to stop smoking those damn deadly cigarettes ,, Well I discovered many fantastic addictive aromas ,, including Irish Mead - Bank - and others I can't remember .
    Just wondering if any of you fellas notice similirities between EDT's & other tobbacco's ?
    J Peterman 1903 is very light, so you have to apply accordingly, but handled properly you get some burley and then aromatic cavendish, but those notes stay close to the skin. I love this scent, but wish it were a big stronger.

I totaly agree with Thrax, People of the Labyrinth's Luctor Et Emergo has a very strong Cherry accord, a combination of cherry pipe tobacco, and marzipan. I love it.

Sounds delightful! Could this be worn by a woman? Or is it quite masculine? Ive no issue with wearing a male scent as long as it doesnt smell of cat wee.

Quote Originally Posted by goldiloks View Post
    Sounds delightful! Could this be worn by a woman? Or is it quite masculine? Ive no issue with wearing a male scent as long as it doesnt smell of cat wee.
    Hi, Welcome to Basenotes!

Please be more specific, several fragrances have been mentioned - which one are you referring to?
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Wow, nobody's mentioned Casran by Chopard:

Top Notes
    Rum, Bergamot, Cardamom, Coriander,

Middle Notes
    Chocolate, Dry Ambered Cherries, Dates, Prune,

Base Notes
    Sandalwood, Benzoin, Amber, Vanilla,

It had its fair share of fans here about 5 years ago.

Ok .... Nice revival Goldiloks
    When I find the grail here I'll owe some of it to you .
    My memories tell me that pipe tobacco may have been Cherry Cavendish made by Borkham Riff ? .. it was long long ago .
    Since starting this thread I have tried some & so far can say
    Kors .... very nice but no
    Black XS ... nice big no no ...all stawberry in that lollie.
    Any further comments on Creeds REL - Cherry Blossom - People o t Labrynth or Casran & Fumerie Turque ?
    Actually if anyone has unused or partial samples of the above & is willing to enlighten me , they are most welcomed .... pm me .
    cheers
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 17th March 2008 at 01:14 AM. Reason: ..

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Cherry Vanilla - a really cheap-o women's fragrance that I believe is still sold in some drug stores - it is powerful and smells just like sweet cherry pipe tobacco.

I am so looking for a fragrance that smells like - Vicks Formula 44 D Cherry! Strange I know...I am.
    Last edited by scentimus; 17th March 2008 at 02:35 AM.

M7 does have a cherry note that really 'pops' .

Opium PH EdP smells like chocolate-covered cherries to me.
    Last edited by knightowl; 17th March 2008 at 02:47 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
    M7 does have a cherry note that really 'pops' .

Opium PH EdP smells like chocolate-covered cherries to me.
    Ooops yes I have also sampled M7 several times recently & yes it has that red cherry sweetness in it .... but no , not what Im after .
    Scentimus your one is interseting ... who's the maker ?

In a nutshell im after a frag that is as similiar to the pipe tobbaco I smelt ,, I will one day get a pouch and have it analysed !! hell i may even buy a pipe & choof some down as well ... im sure all those contributing understand as we all know Cherry notes are in thousands of frags .
    I also will glady send out free samples of this tobacco to those interested .. it truly is a work of art that would get any perfumers nose aroused !!! .....
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 17th March 2008 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Cheers

SALES

hanae Mori EdP is chocolate covered cherries and more.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Banned

I second (or third?) POTL Luctor et Emergo edp, although it could go by the name POTL Play-Doh.

Hmmmm... ?? im about 80% certain there was no chocolate emanating from that pouch ... thanx anyway manic & neo I will look into the PotL more .
    --------------------------------------
    Found them !!

By dimitrios69

CHERRY CAVENDISH
    Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish is a premium quality, heavily aromatic mix of dark Kentucky and Burley tobacco, enhanced with the soft delicious taste of cherry and just a touch of vanilla. The blend is heavily fermented to give a warm, luxurious smoke with a light sweet aroma.

BLACK CAVENDISH
    Rich and powerfully masculine with an elegance and seriousness that entirely befits its status as a premium quality tobacco, Borkum Riff Black Cavendish is an intensely aromatic mix of dark Kentucky and Burley tobacco with a touch of choice bright Virginia leaves. The blend is heavily fermented to give a full-flavoured, cool smoke with an intense, gratifying aroma enhanced with hints of truffle, nougat and nuts.

Should have posted these pics & info from the start ...
    The range is incredible ! anyone for ...
    Cherry Liquor or perhaps some Highland Malt Whiskey ?
    Nice stuff indeed and a whole new world of aromatics for the sceptics & those of little faith amongst us .
    Summing up before this thread sinks for another year or so
    >>>> If I don't find it I'll make it <<<<
    Last edited by Dimitrios; 17th March 2008 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

SALES

Hmm, yeah that Cherry Vanilla does kind of smell like cherry pipe tobacco.
    I will have to try the XS, as I've been searching for a strawberry scent. Is it true sweet strawberry, or strawberry flavored hard candy? I'm looking from something that smells of the fruit.
    Also, not masculine, but I though Hugo Deep Red smelled of cherry cough syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by leffleur View Post
    Hmm, yeah that Cherry Vanilla does kind of smell like cherry pipe tobacco.
    I will have to try the XS, as I've been searching for a strawberry scent. Is it true sweet strawberry, or strawberry flavored hard candy? I'm looking from something that smells of the fruit.
    Also, not masculine, but I though Hugo Deep Red smelled of cherry cough syrup.
    strawberry as in cheap supermarket no-name kiddies strawberry lollies ,, try before you buy . Sounds like you have got or tried Cherry Vanilla >> Who makes it ?

SALES

Serge Lutens Rahat Loukhoum.

This fragrance is inspired by the Loukoum, or the Turkish Delight sweet, that is popular in the eastern Mediterranean. I bought a decant of this stuff when trying to find something my wife likes on me (she loves gourmand scents).

When I dabbed this stuff on me, I immediately thought of sour cherry. Afterward the cherries intensify into a round almond oil, cherry, and rose melange that is very reminescent of the candy.

Your millage may vary.
    Last edited by Texican; 17th March 2008 at 04:22 AM.

I must get me some to sample ,, thanxs Tex ,, It was actually mentioned in another thread which got me excited a few days ago ,, sounds yummy .

SALES

I must get me some to sample ,, thanxs Tex ,, It was actually mentioned in another thread which got me excited a few days ago ,, sounds yummy .
    I believe it is still available through the Perfumed Court. I'm not sure if they ship internationally if you happen to live abroad.

I personally can't wear the stuff. Makes me smell like a cherry flambes. But my wife loves wearing it to liturgy. Smells interesting when it mingles with Arabian cassia.

Dimitrios, my humble opinion. You have to own M7 and Michael Kors, BUMP'em up real fast you will not be disapointed, just be careful they are powerful!!! I get compliments all the time. Cheers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clgnafcnado View Post
    Dimitrios, my humble opinion. You have to own M7 and Michael Kors, BUMP'em up real fast you will not be disapointed, just be careful they are powerful!!! I get compliments all the time. Cheers!!!!
    Did you read the whole thread from the start ? ...
    Both are nice & I have enough of both to last me a while ..
    & welcome clgnafcnado .

SALES

strawberry as in cheap supermarket no-name kiddies strawberry lollies ,, try before you buy . Sounds like you have got or tried Cherry Vanilla >> Who makes it ?
    This is the one I had:
    http://www.beautyboutique.com/images...arge/15549.jpg

Still don't know who makes it, but I bought it at either Target or Walmart. It had that cherry tobacco smell, but was still a little shrill - not quite deep enough. Maybe it would have been on, if layered with a patchouli. I wish I had held onto it, I would have sent it your way. I took it in to work with many others I was weeding out to give away.