Code of Conduct

Question Best ways to clean atomozers

what is the most effective way to clean them so that all of the previous scent is gone.
    I bought the escada mini set of their summer perfumes and they are not in spray bottles so i was going to buy another atomozer for them but i don't want to buy one for each i just want to be able to switch scents once i am finished with each. or i may get a couple but i am not getting one for each i know that for sure.

Default Re: Best ways to clean atomozers

The generally received wisdom is that you can never completely remove all traces so it is best to use a new one for each scent. You can buy inexpensive plastic or glass atomisers for this.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    The generally received wisdom is that you can never completely remove all traces so it is best to use a new one for each scent. You can buy inexpensive plastic or glass atomisers for this.
    thank you

however, it might be worth experimenting...
    i'd let them soak in everclear, making sure to spray the EC through the atomizer a few squirts every hour.

let me know how it works!
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)

Quote Originally Posted by baald View Post
    however, it might be worth experimenting...
    i'd let them soak in everclear, making sure to spray the EC through the atomizer a few squirts every hour.

let me know how it works!
    oo thank you for that idea. if it works i would be more than happy to post about it. I just have to find a decent atomizer that i want to use, i know nordstroms has them but i think 6 bucks is a bit high i want to see if i can find something a bit cheaper

the lady at my local perfume place told me to rinse my atomizer out with warm water and white vinegar, and then put some more warm water in and let it sit for a while - then spray a few squirts, so it cleans the whole thing I haven't tried it yet, coz i haven't used up my scent yet, but you could try that and see how it goes.. let me know if you try it

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy_liv View Post
    the lady at my local perfume place told me to rinse my atomizer out with warm water and white vinegar, and then put some more warm water in and let it sit for a while - then spray a few squirts, so it cleans the whole thing I haven't tried it yet, coz i haven't used up my scent yet, but you could try that and see how it goes.. let me know if you try it
    oo thank you, i will def try this when i get atomizers. the one i currently have is for my azuree soleil

Long ago I read once and used so far this way and worked for me:

Fill up the atomizer with a bit of alcohol 98% ,spray through the atomizer several times.
    Than fill up the bottle full again with 98% alcohol and leave it for 3 days.
    Than spray it through again, empty it, let dry and fill up again with new fragrace.

You will only smell bit of the old fragrance at the top still, cause never removes all fragrance around the spriz I think but in a few days it is gone and does not influence the new fragrance.
    Used to leave the atomizer for some days still after cleaning and drying befor next use.

Alcohol bought at pharmacy and tell them the use and they sell me a small bottle. I let refill when I need it again.