Code of Conduct

Thread: Bruno Acamphora

Default Bruno Acamphora

I started testing my Bruno Acamphora sample set today with Jasmin. I started with Jasmin because I don't think I care for the note so much and after the Indults I wanted something with low expectations for minimal disappointment. I don't really wear my TDC Jasmin de Nuit or SL A la Nuit that often.

But this, this is like having a bunch of actual jasmin on your wrist. It is fresh, moist, green, creamy, and absolutely my perfect fantasy of jasmine. I'm very tired, with my son very ill, so at the first few sniffs my chin started to quiver. This one is like a gift from the perfume gods to tell me everything is going to be okay.
    --------------------------------------
    I should say I got the sample set from Luckyscent.
    Last edited by Shycat; 25th May 2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Default Re: Bruno Acamphora

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    This one is like a gift from the perfume gods to tell me everything is going to be okay
    I guess you never know how the universe is going to send you a little private message, but we all now how inextricably linked scents are to our emotions. Apparently in Thailand, jasmine flowers are used as a symbol of the mother - the jasmine was telling you that he's going to be ok, with you nursing him through it.
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Ah, actually, I should admit he was already clearly much better. I think the lovely jasmine surprise just helped me snap out of panic mode, if you know what I mean. Aromatherapy at it's freakin' best, and very helpful with six hours sleep in forty-eight. I was very tense.

I want to say, too, that the Jasmine fragrance is INCREDIBLY concentrated. I used three good swipes of the dipstick on each wrist and I was scented for the next five hours. This little sample is about 1/2 ml I'd guess, but it looks like less in the picture because they use the fat 2ml vials with a neck like Crown Perfumery. I'll have at least ten wearing out it. The booklet that come with the set tells how to dilute the parfum oil into an EdP, by filling the vial with distilled water and using the same vial to measure five vials of 95 proof ethyl alcohol. That would make 10ml of EdP.

The booklet lists products not available on LuckyScent, particulary a 5ml size which would be more appropriate for a natural, corked parfum this concentrated, and which it is stated must be stored vertically after opening. I thought, Holy S^^^, you mean it's not even water proof!!! Think about evaporation! Some other method of closure would seem only prudent, although I could see myself anteing up for a nice crystal bottle for my favorite one, definately, but more likely would use a pipette to refill my printed sample vial and give resealing the vial a bit of thought.

10ml would be a lifetime supply, unless you wore it every other day. And I think the company knows this, because they also offer the 10ml size in a sterling silver vial set in a white marble base (I guess they still use corks) for vertical storage. No prices are mentioned, and I just figured, if you have to ask....

In anycase, the sample set is more akin to ordering a set of decants than samples, and I'm not exaggerating. That makes the price in line. I like this one because it pulls out the same kind of jasmine that's in kai, but of course just the jasmine aspect, and more like an actual blossom. And I like this company, too, (so far) cuz man, they ain't foolin' around.

I look forward to tomorrow so I can pick another one. *Holds breath*

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat View Post
    Ah, actually, I should admit he was already clearly much better. ...I look forward to tomorrow so I can pick another one. *Holds breath*
    Thanks for updating us on your boy's health ... trust he's continuing to improve. Positive vibes heading your way.

Meanwhile - many thanks from a fellow jasmine-aholic for the intro to this line. Love and blessings.

P.S. LuckyScent is out of sample pax!!!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 26th May 2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: New info.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'll be saying prayers for his well-being...
    Being a mother [and a nurse], I feel for you both.
    I'm glad the Acampora helped some !
    {BTW- they are gorgeous, no doubt]

Hang in there...

{Baruch ata, Adonai
    Rofei ha-cholim... Blessed are you, Eternal, the source of all healing}

IRANZOL ---- IRATSOH

Oh well. Sigh. This is a strange flat almost no scent that conjurs soap, pencil trimmings, and plastic.

5 hours later -- It takes about thirty minutes to develop. Heh. It's still very dry and dusty/earthy, just now I sniffed and caught a bit of (dry)vanilla. I still get a whiff of pencil trimmer.

MUSC --- This a merely a nice musc, not a bit better than Kheil's Original Musk IMO, but less pungent in the opening.

OOOOOH, maybe tomorrow I should layer all three close and snuggly side by side with the Indult vanilla.....YEAH, BABY!!!!
    Last edited by Shycat; 27th May 2007 at 01:55 AM.