Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default SOTD Saturday 26 May

Have a wonderful day - all of you Basenoters in Chicago. I'm hyper-jealous! Take some pictures, sniff away, grab samples and report back with lots of stories...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Quarry!

My SOTD: Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia by Estee Lauder

Default Re: SOTD Saturday 26 May

Happy birthday to Quarry!

Temperature rises to 32 today and it is extremely muggy here. I was playing with Heure Exquise this morning but it was so hot that I have already showered twice and now wearing Carthusia IO Capri, my perfect fig and favourite summer scent.

Les Parfums de Rosine - Une Zeste de Rose

Third day in Champaca, have only a sample, must get a full bottle someday.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

For a visit to my parents, Ava Luxe Gardenia Musk, with a little Tuberose dabbed on my wrists and behind my ears.

Happy Birthday Quarry, and have a great day all your Chicago BNers (and you UK BNers going to Harvey Nicks...)
    Last edited by Indiscreet; 26th May 2007 at 08:44 AM.

Happy Birthday dear Quarry! Have fun and buy lots of smellies during the Chicago BN sniffathon!
    I am wearing two Neil Morris scents today: Midnight Flowers on one arm and Afire on the other.
    Last edited by Lady_in_Black; 26th May 2007 at 09:44 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

eau de cologne impériale - guerlain
    Wishlist is pointless.

Happy day to the birthday child, and hope the meeting is a success! I'm sure it will be a great memory for you.

Tea for two it is today. My daughter said I smelled strange. Maybe I'll overspray with Un Jardin sur le Nil. Or maybe Habanita will be better with the smoky notes...?

Expecting firends of my DH today, my neck has gone to pieces so he will take them out to dinner without me; I'm just going to say hello and try to be polite.

Have a nice week-end all.

Tuberose Criminal for me.
    DONNA

Congratulations Quarry! Wishing you a great day

Parfums DelRae - Bois de Paradis
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Talking Re: SOTD Saturday 26 May

Lalique's Claire Nilang for me today- a lovely, light, herbaceous white floral. Great bottle, too (well, duh, of course, it's Lalique, right??)

Happy Birthday to Joy-ful Quarry - a fellow Gemini, and crackerjack BNer and principal organizer of today's Chicago Sniff-in!! Like Mike - I'm super jealous. Can't wait to hear all the news!!!

Meanwhile, I'm in Boucheron Initial - thanks Tinks - tres chic!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Hope you get a wonderfull smelling day, Quarry! Happy Birthday!

SotD: Agent Provocateur Eau Emotionelle, a lovely gentle version of Agent Provocateur.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Post Re: SOTD Saturday 26 May

Wearing D&G Sicily for second day. Another example of a frag I had dismissed based purely on spritzes from testers while shopping but now that I have my mini edp bottle + body products I am falling in love with this scent. It wears like a skin scent and in the drydown is all musk and sandalwood, reminding me of Zoe only deeper. Very comfortable to wear.

P.S Happy Birthday to Quarry!
    Last edited by chaelaran1008; 26th May 2007 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Have a great day Quarry. Hope you guys are enjoying your Chicago experience as much as I think you are!

I'm in L'HEURE BLEUE on this gorgeous spring day! Mmmmmm.....
    "Woe to the one who's love of elixirs, grows into madness"
    :bounce:

Oh I wish I was in Chicago! Happyness and luck to all there. Estee Lauder Sheer White Linen again today as the temps have zoomed up.

Phew.....still in time to sing "Happy Birthday, dear Quarry"

Loud enough to cross the ocean

Busy and happy in Jicky

Enjoy the weekend, dears!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Attitude by Armani.....Gary

Happy, happy birthday, Quarry! Today's avatar is for you!

Enjoy your wonderful sniff-a-thon, and let me know if the cookies arrive intact!!! :bounce:

It's The Thymes Ginger Milk EDC and body lotion for me today. Light and a little spicy. Mmmmmm!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

I'm wearing SL Douce Amere today.

Happy birthday, dear Quarry
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Sublime edp for me today. I'm glad this is so nice, because I had 2 refills of the parfum stashed away in my closet and I just found out that they have turned.
    Last edited by MorganFay; 26th May 2007 at 04:27 PM.

Happy Birthday Quarry!

Lazing away the morning in Avon Forest Lily. Will change into Ivoire or Zita afther a shower.

Lovely Quarry, happy birthday!

I'm in Diorissimo, continuing my fascination with white florals and classic Dior.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

What a day! Happy birthday Quarry! And hoping for some good pics from Chicago....

started out with Himalaya, but I can feel a wild side coming on and not sure which frag will be summoned later on....

have a great day, all...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

First of all Happy birthday to Quarry!!! At work today I wore Jicky edt,so partly scent twin with Riannon.My sote is Chergui.Thank you Dimples!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUARRY!!
    Today I'm wearing EL's Pleasures Thank you Taolady!

SotE: Le Baiser du Dragon EdP. It is almost summer outdoors, and this lovely oriental is still wonderful! I do hope it will work all summer!
    Last edited by Margareta; 26th May 2007 at 05:29 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Happy Birthday, dear Quarry! :wave:

I wear Bal de Versailles for today. Tonight it will be Ava Luxe's Film Noir.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden

Happy B-day Quarry!

Wearing Allure Sensuelle parfum today. Going to get a facial at the Guerlain boutique today -- my first facial ever, so I hope it will be good. Let's see if the estitician will notice that I am smelling of chanel rather than guerlain.
    Last edited by dimples; 26th May 2007 at 05:42 PM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Ava Luxe Wild Blackberry Musk. I'm off to a wedding and it seems like an appropriate scent to wear.

L de Lempicka and WOW. This and 24, Faubourg really play into my shameful desires for Big Vanilla. With some lovely musk, in the case of L.

Favorite Notes:
    Rose, Apricot, Violet, Leather, Iris, Blackberry, Saffron, Musk, Incense

Tabac Blond
    "I don't know the key to success,
    but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
    Bill Cosby

Happy Birthday, my fellow Q! Let us know how the big day turned out!

Wore SJP lovely for a plane ride to Dallas this morning. A little devil is sitting on my shoulder telling me that after I get my hair done on Monday I should go to Barney's and get Carnal Flower. He and the angel of paying off credit cards are slugging it out as we speak...
    Seeking: woods patchouli fresh tuberose

Happy Birthday Quarry! I hope the day was smooth and delightful with the sniffathon. I'm testing more Bruno Acampora oils today. They take more time to develop than I'm used to, being oils, and none so astounding as the Jasmin, but all good.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Sampling Guerlain Bois d'Armenie this evening. It's a very light musk on me, very similiar to the Angelique Noir.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

happy birthday, Quarry!! hope you have a great day.

I decided to sample another of my..well..samples! LOL Carnation by Mona Di Orio. Not really sure about this one...the drydown is nice, but the rest of it doesn't sit right on my skin. It smells funny! Oh well, I'm going to try it again at some point and see how it goes