Code of Conduct

Default Il Profumo Adventure: some quick impressions

For the first hour or so Il Profumo's Adventure is powerful stuff but also has a mysterious, "full of intrigue" kind of vibe to it. There's a nice bracing bitterness (absinthe) coupled with an exotic, tropical sweetness (carambola and lemon - an accord that I haven't run across before - tropical but w/o any coconut ... nicely done.) Lavender and vetiver make a strong presence for the first hour or two, and glints of pink pepper and jasmine add to the interest. The drydown becomes a mix of sweet, ambery woods, maybe verging a little too close to department store stuff, but also reminding me a lot of a tamer SL Un Bois de Sepia. Longevity is good at over 6 hours.
    ..."net", not "naut".

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Il Profumo Adventure: some quick impressions

Aria di Mare and G 11 are my favorites (Il Profumo)

Default Re: Il Profumo Adventure: some quick impressions

I found G 11 to be very good also: A deep green forest scent with lots of moss and just the right amount of sweetness to balance it off. Usually I find moss a really difficult note to wear (even to the point of getting an allergic reaction to it), but in G 11's case I was really liking the moss effect. It reminded me quite a bit of Mazzolari Mazzolari, though sweeter and w/o the pine notes. Fans of that scent should definitely give G 11 a try.

Gotta give Aria di Mare a try.
    ..."net", not "naut".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juggernet View Post
    I found G 11 to be very good also: A deep green forest scent with lots of moss and just the right amount of sweetness to balance it off. Usually I find moss a really difficult note to wear (even to the point of getting an allergic reaction to it), but in G 11's case I was really liking the moss effect. It reminded me quite a bit of Mazzolari Mazzolari, though sweeter and w/o the pine notes. Fans of that scent should definitely give G 11 a try.

Gotta give Aria di Mare a try.
    G-11 is defintely on my summer "buy list" but I detect no apparent sweetness in it at all, and that is one of its best features for me.

I couldn't quite get into Adventure, although people who like leather notes (I don't) should give it a try and see. I like G11 a lot, though.