Code of Conduct

Thread: Lineair scents?

Question Lineair scents?

Some scents changes in totally other scents during the wearing-process.Thats good when I like the other side too.But somtimes the drydown can be very dissapointing and totally different like the start.Great smelling lineair scents;I don't know many;yes,Casran,but this one is far to sweet for me;please some suggestions for a good one;thanks.
    Last edited by sniff; 28th May 2007 at 07:56 AM.

Default Re: Lineair scents?

Diptyque has a lot of linear scents. Phylosykos and Tam Dao are among the more popular ones.
    Last edited by Borky; 28th May 2007 at 08:15 AM.

Comme de garcons original is a linear scent. Its popular too though reviews are varied.

gupts

Not really that great but I'll always have Le Labo's Patchouli 24 in my memory as the most linear scent I've ever tried and worn...Holy smokes ...it like never changes...and 1 minute in smells like 6 hours later.

The Demeter scents as I understand are intentionally linear, thought I don't have first-hand experience with them.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cuba Red ends up much like it starts out. Tobacco. I like the opening so I am not disappointed by the scent straight line rather than a scent pyramid.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Not really that great but I'll always have Le Labo's Patchouli 24 in my memory as the most linear scent I've ever tried and worn...Holy smokes ...it like never changes...and 1 minute in smells like 6 hours later.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I get three distinct phases with Patchouli 24.
    It takes several hours, but the smoke eventually clears to allow the vanilla to come through and drive for awhile.

Smile Re: Lineair scents?

Etro Vetiver - If you like vetiver, that is what you get, start to finish. I think it's brilliant.
    Thierry Mugler Cologne - In a word, clean. Great for the summer, the anti-thesis of all the other Mugler fragrances. Amazing.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 28th May 2007 at 04:08 PM.

DKNY Men
    Smells only a tad more bright and citrussy in the beginning, the rest is extremely lineair.
    Strong, very fresh and sharp (in a positive way) scent, it reminds me a bit of Joop's (pink bottle) dry-down, but without the cloying nauseating sweet/sour note...well actually forget I ever mentioned Joop, I do not want to associate DKNY Men with it.
    Apply with care, it is very strong.

I have to agree very much with Tam Dao

if you want something lighter try Gendarme

I find most Creed scents to be fairly linear.

Gucci PH

Off-Scenter

Comme des Garcons Series 3, Red Carnation is pretty linear on me. Montale's Black Aoud isn't linear on me per se, but it doesn't embark upon its interesting drydown until 8 or even 12 hours after application!