Code of Conduct

Default Caron - Le troisieme Homme - The Third Man

Oh, how I love this fragrance! It has been out of my rotation for a few weeks, but when I was reading the "Drydown thread" I suddenly felt the craving for le 3eme. It is so smooth and gentle. The powdery floral note in the middle got an almost shimmering feeling to me.Its roses and some other flowers, but I cannot pin down exactly which. I get the same classy feel that I get from Ego´ste, only slightly more brilliant in 3eme. I think it's very nice that 3eme lingers quite long at the middle notes and that the base is more quiet. This is one of few scents in my wardrobe that only gets better and better the more it dries down. In some scents you love the topnotes and want them to stay forever and ever. With this one you cannot wait for the drydown.

What are your opinions on this one? I can't seem to find a thread that has discussed the scent...
    Arte et labore

Default Re: Caron - Le troisieme Homme - The Third Man

I'm pretty new to this one. I have to say, though, I found it quite sexy. I will likely wear it again, and I wouldn't complain in the least if my sweetie wore it.

I think I can pick up some Iris in the base.

Kasae: Force him to wear it. He will not be disappointed, will he?
    Arte et labore

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Caron - Le troisieme Homme - The Third Man

Quote Originally Posted by viktorov View Post
    Oh, how I love this fragrance! It has been out of my rotation for a few weeks, but when I was reading the "Drydown thread" I suddenly felt the craving for le 3eme. It is so smooth and gentle. The powdery floral note in the middle got an almost shimmering feeling to me.Its roses and some other flowers, but I cannot pin down exactly which. I get the same classy feel that I get from Ego´ste, only slightly more brilliant in 3eme. I think it's very nice that 3eme lingers quite long at the middle notes and that the base is more quiet. This is one of few scents in my wardrobe that only gets better and better the more it dries down. In some scents you love the topnotes and want them to stay forever and ever. With this one you cannot wait for the drydown.

What are your opinions on this one? I can't seem to find a thread that has discussed the scent...
    I agree with you viktorov that this is one hellova nice scent. I seem to forget just how nice it is until someone like you kindly reminds me and I begin to cycle it into my active wordrobe once again. Thanks!

This is just one of several old threads that feature Caron's 3rd Man. Search option using Third Man brings up dozens buried among other topics:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...ight=Caron+Man
    Last edited by kbe; 26th May 2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added link
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Well it's definitely unique, but I'm not a big fan. I'll have to try my sample again but on my skin it just felt like something was "off". It smelled very herby.
    "Society honors its living conformists and its dead troublemakers."
    Mignon McLaughlin

Thumbs up Re: Caron - Le troisieme Homme - The Third Man

I've only had this in my wardrobe for a coupe of months, but I have really enjoyed it each time I've worn it. What surprised me was how reasonably priced it is. Maybe one of the best bargains for a quality fragrance available today?

Quote Originally Posted by TricsMan View Post
    I've only had this in my wardrobe for a coupe of months, but I have really enjoyed it each time I've worn it. What surprised me was how reasonably priced it is. Maybe one of the best bargains for a quality fragrance available today?
    Together with Yatagan - certainly, yes !
    Last edited by narcus; 27th May 2007 at 01:06 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi Ŕ un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Agreed that it is a high quality scent for a reasonable price. One thing that I don't like about the third man is the new bottle. It looks super tacky compared to the older bottle (which I have only seen on pictures).
    Arte et labore

Definitley one of my top 10, and I agree with the Egoiste comparison.