Code of Conduct

Thread: Road Trip Scent

Default Road Trip Scent

If you were going on a summer road trip (think long drives with a friend, the beach, sometimes sleeping in the car, baths in the ocean, late nights under the stars, Mexico, and plenty of sun) what would be the one fragrance you would bring? Something that would be nice for day and night time adventures, but also respectable for a classy evening out as well. I did this once before with Burberry London and it worked perfectly.

Any suggestions?
    You are not your perfume.

Wink Re: Road Trip Scent

Cologne by Thierry Mugler. It will always make you feel fresh and clean, no matter what.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 28th May 2007 at 06:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Road Trip Scent

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Cologne by Thierry Mugler. It will always make you feel fresh and clean, no matter what.
    Whoa, total mind-meld thing there! Even before I read your answer, I was gonna suggest the same thing. Of course I totally love this scent, & I always take it on every road trip I go on during the summer!
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 28th May 2007 at 06:34 AM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Cologne is too boring and seems like the stick-it answer to almost any thread here lately. How about trying something adventurous and different. If you can only have one, maybe I would say... Philosykos? That's just based on what I own and have tested recently. I'm sure there are others that would work even better. Either way, I say stay away from an aquatic or a 'clean' thing. It's a road trip not the hospital.

Cool Re: Road Trip Scent

During a trip in Tuscany I used a whole bottle Loewe Solo;this one gives a wunderfull freshness for yourself and everybody around you.A great travel scent!Got many compliments on Solo;its really nice!

Thumbs up Re: Road Trip Scent

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas V View Post
    If you were going on a summer road trip (think long drives with a friend, the beach, sometimes sleeping in the car, baths in the ocean, late nights under the stars, Mexico, and plenty of sun) what would be the one fragrance you would bring? Something that would be nice for day and night time adventures, but also respectable for a classy evening out as well. I did this once before with Burberry London and it worked perfectly.

Any suggestions?
    Sounds like a sweet road trip there. Personally, I'd take along L'Air du desert Marocain.. but thats just me. From your summer rotation, I'd go with Dior Homme.

-Teddy

Quote Originally Posted by sniff View Post
    During a trip in Tuscany I used a whole bottle Loewe Solo;this one gives a wunderfull freshness for yourself and everybody around you.A great travel scent!Got many compliments on Solo;its really nice!
    Wow, interesting. I have a 125ml-bottle and have used it only twice. I will use it tomorrow for sure.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I would both take and use a bottle of the fabulous Montana Parfum d'Homme. No overpowering sillage to offend others, great day or night appropriate aroma that I never tire of and, on me at least, it lasts all day. Oh, did I mention it is relatively available online even though discontinued and..not expensive ($25-$30/4.2 oz bottle)?
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Guerlain Vetiver.

Versatility in a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    Cologne is too boring and seems like the stick-it answer to almost any thread here lately. How about trying something adventurous and different. If you can only have one, maybe I would say... Philosykos? That's just based on what I own and have tested recently. I'm sure there are others that would work even better. Either way, I say stay away from an aquatic or a 'clean' thing. It's a road trip not the hospital.
    Ha! Just like CologneJunkie, total mindmeld there! It's not something that will take over the car (if you're driving), not something that everyone will recognize, it's appropriately summery...and very natural smelling.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

GIT, Erolfa, V Extraordinaire and Terre d'Hermes would all go well in that situation.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Thanks a lot guys (and gals). These are some really excellent suggestions. I have tried Mugler Cologne and like it a great deal, but haven't really thought of Diptyque, L'Air du Desert Morocain, or the others. I really must give them a try. Much thanks once again!
    You are not your perfume.

GIT
    SMW
    Sequoia

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Wow, interesting. I have a 125ml-bottle and have used it only twice. I will use it tomorrow for sure.
    Solo is really good! I don't understand the silence around it and the always returning Mugler and GIT story.Goodluck!

Creed Bois de Santal
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Sung Homme. Don't ask me to explain!

I'll second, third, whatever the Mugler Cologne and add Eau Sauvage.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Bring a bottle of Marc Jacobs. It is very summery. I don't like it but it is beachy and fun.